Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just put a deposit on an inventory vehicle! Good deal for me?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Look at this thread here, posts # 21 to 25. It is an OTA update for $200US, so not surprised the Service Centre doesn't know about it. May want to PM @Niclas to see which email he used.:
How rare are Model S' without the Tech Package - Page 3

I saw that....later in that thread though it is discovered that if you don't have upgraded audio pkg it is much more costly to upgrade...I will still inquire anyway, but I wouldn't pay more than $500 for Nav, and that's if it included the 6.1 SmartNav features.

I saw that....later in that thread though it is discovered that if you don't have upgraded audio pkg it is much more costly to upgrade...I will still inquire anyway, but I wouldn't pay more than $500 for Nav, and that's if it included the 6.1 SmartNav features.

I would call the technical support line. They are more knowledgable than the service centres with these rare requests.

When I wanted to enable supercharging, the lady from the service centre started asking and then told me that I have to bring the car in to "install" the required hardware!

I called the tech line and was told it's done online (shop.teslamotors.com) and nothing is needed to be installed. I paid US$2,500 (no tax for Canadians).

Sounds like a good deal but I wonder if you might down the road regret not getting an 85 as you will, no doubt, want to take trips with it.
However, with SC 's hopping up everywhere, you should be ok for most trips.

I'm sure there will be times when I wish I had the 85, but it would have been another 25k for me to get into a base 85 with just tech.

I am REALLY counting on Cobourg dot not vanishing, as Toronto is my primary destination and would be a breeze anytime of year with that SC.

I bought a loaner from Tesla Lawrence myself. Car is great but the service is not (this will be where Tesla fanboys rant about their great service experiences to contradict).

Things to watch out for buying a loaner from Lawrence location.
1) My rear folding seats were broken and not noticed by their mechanic. I caught it day of delivery and am still waiting for parts 3months later. Don't trust their pre-sale inspection. Test everything before you leave.
2) They left the car in 'demo mode' which limits it to 120kmh. Had to come in a week later for them to flip the switch.
3) My lease paperwork arrived from California a week later than the scheduled pick up. Then it had errors which took another week. I drove on their dealer plates for two weeks before taking ownership.
4) They screwed up my trade in value... twice.
5) After owning the car for three months, I got a call saying they were going to charge my credit card for licensing. They paid Ontario Transport for my license plates upon delivery but didn't charge me. This doesn't effect my driving experience but shows they are inefficient and sloppy.

I have been in a dialogue with Tesla Head Office for these (and other) Telsa Toronto problems. Customer service is their weak point because (unlike traditional car dealers) never had to learn to be efficient or risk losing business.

I bought a loaner from Tesla Lawrence myself. Car is great but the service is not (this will be where Tesla fanboys rant about their great service experiences to contradict).

Things to watch out for buying a loaner from Lawrence location.
1) My rear folding seats were broken and not noticed by their mechanic. I caught it day of delivery and am still waiting for parts 3months later. Don't trust their pre-sale inspection. Test everything before you leave.
2) They left the car in 'demo mode' which limits it to 120kmh. Had to come in a week later for them to flip the switch.
3) My lease paperwork arrived from California a week later than the scheduled pick up. Then it had errors which took another week. I drove on their dealer plates for two weeks before taking ownership.
4) They screwed up my trade in value... twice.
5) After owning the car for three months, I got a call saying they were going to charge my credit card for licensing. They paid Ontario Transport for my license plates upon delivery but didn't charge me. This doesn't effect my driving experience but shows they are inefficient and sloppy.

I have been in a dialogue with Tesla Head Office for these (and other) Telsa Toronto problems. Customer service is their weak point because (unlike traditional car dealers) never had to learn to be efficient or risk losing business.

How can I check that its not in demo mode?
Thanks for the tips!

+1

I have mine on order. My experience was ok but not spectacular. The staff members are very accommodating and knowledgable. However, I don't find them responsive and reliable. They sent me incorrect leasing documents twice, notified me of a cancelled appointment after the appointment, and they don't respond to emails and voice messages.

Chrisizzle is right. Apply your own due diligence on pick up. I'll be sure to do that myself.

I dunno. Sounds like you were biting your tongue. Otherwise, the silence would have spoken for itself. :)

Nice try but if you read my posts you'll see I've criticized Tesla many times. Sorry, but I just don't buy your criticism of the people on this forum and I'm real sick of all the "fanboy" nonsense. This is a Tesla forum -- so it should be obvious people will come to the defence of Tesla. That only makes sense to me.