Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

It's Cold

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
9C when I was driving home and for 10km straight I was UNDER the rated line. Who knew that was possible? The rated line can be a mean rather than a min.

It was .......................... blissful!

Just wait until you see consumption under the ideal line. Perfectly possible at city speeds without stops and no climate control. That sounds unlikely, but in Victoria it's actually feasible for 4-5 months of the year, especially taking roads along the shoreline. It should be possible to do something similar along the parkway in Ottawa, or similar roads.

I did an Ottawa to North Bay trip last fall and got better than Ideal consumption overall (and got there easily without a charging stop). That was going about 95 km/h with little or no heat or AC since it was a comfortable temperature out.

And another comparison: Ottawa to Kingston at -24C: 252 Wh/km; then Utica to Ottawa at +9C: 182 Wh/km. Not quite apples-to-apples, since the Utica trip includes a section on slower roads, but the efficiency jump as you go from -10C to +10C is very dramatic.

Really happy that winter is winding down. Besides the efficiency gains, it'll be nice to be able to keep the car clean for more than 5 minutes after washing it.