Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is this accessory buying getting out of hand ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I got my Model 3 30th September at Edinburgh

Removed Aero Caps and put on wheel nut covers and centre caps.

Bought M2 SSD 128 GB and formatted to Fat32 for Tesla Cam
USB 3.0 to NGFF M.2 B Key SSD External Enclosure Case Cover Box Caddy Adapter 6971485990534 | eBay
Vaseky M.2 2280 NGFF SATA SSD 480/256/128GB Internal Solid State Drive MLC | eBay

Then removed ugly number plates and replaced front with vinyl plate and back with perspex plate

Mud Flaps UK 4X Professional Car Mud Flaps Splash Guard Fender Mudguard For Tesla Model 3 | eBay

Little stickers for door release 8x Fit For Tesla Model 3 Door Exit Decal Luminous Button Sticker Kit Accessories | eBay

2 x Hockey pucks for lifting cars 2x Rubber Trolley Jack Adapters for your TESLA - Model S - Model X - UK Designed | eBay

Metal brake and throttle covers for Tesla Model 3 Non-Slip Aluminum Alloy Performance Foot Pedal Pads Silver UK 6212799088082 | eBay

Extra door seal kit from amazon

BougeRV rubber interior car mats For RHD Tesla Model 3 All-Weather Floor Mats

ABS carbon fibre cap for front dash https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Carbon-F...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Wireless charging pad listing from Fastech working perfectly with split USB cables https://www.fasttech.com/products/9703954

Wrapped centre console using this video
and 1080 3m carbon fibre vinyl from https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3M-Di-NO...var=502640263281&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649 using heat gun and some craft knifes from B&Q pack of three

On Order or waiting to arrive
ABS carbon fibre window switch covers https://www.fasttech.com/products/9704437
Screen protector https://www.fasttech.com/p/9690956
Car Footrest Foot Rest Pedal Stainless Cover Trim For Tesla Model3 https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Car-Foot...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Am I the only one going mental buying things would love to hear others opinions and buying spree.

OMG never seen wrap done without a template. Thats soo cool. It actually looks easier than with a template. I am so doing that. I do have a blow torch but not sure I fancy taking it to a brand new car!
Did it go OK?

Were you tempted to do the dash that way? I have seen those hard panels you bought they look really easy but iI was worried they were a bit shiny?

Mud flaps I think will be a definite as will the number plates but I think vinyl front and rear, though I too would like to see some pics perhaps... aero wheel swaps with centres and wheel nut covers may wait until the spring and better (?) weather. Will have to watch the vid a few more times before I convince myself that the templated type abstract ocean console wraps are not a better idea. I don’t have a car yet but already have the USB for dashcam and sentry as well as the wireless charging pad and despite never having even sat in it I have some seal for the potential wind noise which may or may not even be a problem yet, who knows until I take delivery! o_O

Still a lot more to buy, like the must have footwell mats (cloth, carpet, rubber fully fitted or which??) little stickers showing people how to get out along with boot and frboot liners etc,etc the list seems to be endless! I reckon the shopping for accessories is a satisfying way to pass the time while the steamers slowly chug across the pond. :D

OMG never seen wrap done without a template. Thats soo cool. It actually looks easier than with a template. I am so doing that. I do have a blow torch but not sure I fancy taking it to a brand new car!
Did it go OK?

Were you tempted to do the dash that way? I have seen those hard panels you bought they look really easy but iI was worried they were a bit shiny?

Where he used the blowtorch I used a heat gun on the first setting and kept heating then pushing down to create the lip then heat again and it reforms then push down again, eventually it goes past the chrome strip, then cut a figure 8 well within the cup holder to take pressure off the edges heat again , push down then with a scalpel or a B&Q craft or 5 mm blade find the chrome edge and really take your time going around it.
Push down like the video says then it will come away then heat very gently and tuck in above the chrome.
Did try it with non 1080 3m vinyl and it was a total bugger to work with.

The dash is a little bit shiny but will put it on and have a look if it doesnt work ill just use the same wrap I used for the centre onto the existing dash.

Any pics of the number plates? I don't mine the look of the standard ones, but innate how they rattle when you close the boot :-(

Quite a list tho! Keep the adventures coming ;-)

Will do a pic of the plates but very similar to the other thread about plates, filled the screw holes then taped off before putting the front one on so no indents.

Are they as flexible as the twist images in the description show?

Have you actually checked they fit? Those linked are for Model S & X which is a larger diameter hole than Model 3? If you did link to wrong advert, still check they fit as on some pucks, the 'nipple' is too long and when weight is applied, it deforms and prevents the pucks from being removed and/or break off inside the locating hole. Its the puck that takes the weight, the 'nipple' is just a locator and should not touch the far end of the hole.

Last edited:
Are they as flexible as the twist images in the description show?

Have you actually checked they fit? Those linked are for Model S & X which is a larger diameter hole than Model 3? If you did link to wrong advert, still check they fit as on some pucks, the 'nipple' is too long and when weight is applied, it deforms and prevents the pucks from being removed and/or break off inside the locating hole. Its the puck that takes the weight, the 'nipple' is just a locator and should not touch the far end of the hole.

Thanks for the heads up on the pucks will check them if they are no good will get some more. The mud flaps were not like the flexible picture quite rigid in fact but work a treat.

Pictures of the dash and centre console and front plate as requested.
Dash looks quite reflective in pictures but in real life isnt as bad.
IMG_0560.JPG
IMG_0561.JPG

Reactions: Gatsojon
That CF dash looks great, the ebay listings seem to suggest measurements may vary, what was it like to fit? Did you have to remove the wood or does it go over the top?

The one I got fits great and have had no problems. It uses 3m tape directly over the existing panel so I am assuming with a bit of heat and some floss it would be removable at a later date.

So I got my Model 3 30th September at Edinburgh

Removed Aero Caps and put on wheel nut covers and centre caps.

Bought M2 SSD 128 GB and formatted to Fat32 for Tesla Cam
USB 3.0 to NGFF M.2 B Key SSD External Enclosure Case Cover Box Caddy Adapter 6971485990534 | eBay
Vaseky M.2 2280 NGFF SATA SSD 480/256/128GB Internal Solid State Drive MLC | eBay

Then removed ugly number plates and replaced front with vinyl plate and back with perspex plate

Mud Flaps UK 4X Professional Car Mud Flaps Splash Guard Fender Mudguard For Tesla Model 3 | eBay

Little stickers for door release 8x Fit For Tesla Model 3 Door Exit Decal Luminous Button Sticker Kit Accessories | eBay

2 x Hockey pucks for lifting cars 2x Rubber Trolley Jack Adapters for your TESLA - Model S - Model X - UK Designed | eBay

Metal brake and throttle covers for Tesla Model 3 Non-Slip Aluminum Alloy Performance Foot Pedal Pads Silver UK 6212799088082 | eBay

Extra door seal kit from amazon

BougeRV rubber interior car mats For RHD Tesla Model 3 All-Weather Floor Mats

ABS carbon fibre cap for front dash Carbon Fiber Style Dash Panel Genuine Dashboard Trim Protect For Tesla MODEL 3 9798017629390 | eBay

Wireless charging pad listing from Fastech working perfectly with split USB cables $32.83 Car Center Console Dual Qi Wireless Charger w/ USB Splitter Cable for Tesla Model 3 - dual phones wireless charging pad (Android/iOS compatible) / 2*10W max. output / anti-slip design at FastTech - Free Shipping

Wrapped centre console using this video
and 1080 3m carbon fibre vinyl from 3M Di-NOC CA-421 Carbon Fibre Black Vinyl Wrap genuine 3M cut to size | eBay using heat gun and some craft knifes from B&Q pack of three

On Order or waiting to arrive
ABS carbon fibre window switch covers $23.74 Car Door Window Lift Button Trim Decoration Sticker for Tesla Model 3 (6 Pieces) at FastTech - Free Shipping
Screen protector $11.73 Car Center Control Touch Screen Tempered Glass Screen Protector for Tesla Model 3 - explosion-proof / anti-fingerprint / anti-scratch at FastTech - Free Shipping
Car Footrest Foot Rest Pedal Stainless Cover Trim For Tesla Model3 Car Footrest Foot Rest Pedal Stainless Cover Trim For Tesla Model3 2017~2018 UK | eBay

Am I the only one going mental buying things would love to hear others opinions and buying spree.
heat gun wtf????? I just got the abstract ocien kit and its amazing

• Informative
Reactions: Gatsojon