Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Eyeballs & headrests...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Drew57

Active ember
Apr 4, 2020
Cheshire UK
I posted previously that soon after I purchased the acceleration boost for the 3LR an optician diagnosed my wife with a detached retina in one eye as a result of an 'unidentified' sudden movement or jerk to her head (....well, actually she bought it as my birthday present but someone/something else got the blame for the eyeball incident)

I suggested that in future, rather than me having to pre-announce every right leg rigor mortis, it would be preferable to anchor her head. Several options were proposed but with a mind to preserving our 40 year marriage only one proved acceptable.... so I placed an order for these. They arrived today.

Quality is superb, an exact match to the black Model 3 PU leather & they can be adjusted for height or even used in the rear (seats) - quite firm against either the back of the head or nape of the neck depending on position & less likelihood of ocular damage or further marital distress.

Car Accessories Headrest Pillow Neck Rest Cushion Black Leather | eBay

RlG1mRT.jpg
FxlLI98.jpg
GP9JRue.jpg
ySeg8F2.jpg

(the supplier also produces in white & various logo versions....no affiliation)

EDIT: if they prove unacceptable I reckon the strap would fit behind the head at jaw level so there could be a further use

Last edited:
I posted previously that soon after I purchased the acceleration boost for the 3LR an optician diagnosed my wife with a detached retina in one eye as a result of an 'unidentified' sudden movement or jerk to her head (....well, actually she bought it as my birthday present but someone/something else got the blame for the eyeball incident)

I suggested that in future, rather than me having to pre-announce every right leg rigor mortis, it would be preferable to anchor her head. Several options were proposed but with a mind to preserving our 40 year marriage only one proved acceptable.... so I placed an order for these. They arrived today.

Quality is superb, an exact match to the black Model 3 PU leather & they can be adjusted for height or even used in the rear (seats) - quite firm against either the back of the head or nape of the neck depending on position & less likelihood of ocular damage or further marital distress.

Car Accessories Headrest Pillow Neck Rest Cushion Black Leather | eBay

RlG1mRT.jpg
FxlLI98.jpg
GP9JRue.jpg
ySeg8F2.jpg

(the supplier also produces in white & various logo versions....no affiliation)

EDIT: if they prove unacceptable I reckon the strap would fit behind the head at jaw level so there could be a further use

I've just received mine through today (from Russia), superb quality and feel very comfortable.... wish I'd purchased 2 !

My wife asked if they could be slightly softer so I removed the smaller rectangular internal foam which makes the headrest a little thinner but still quite firm. Then I used the larger piece as a template & cut two more of these from softer material - very easy to do & as they are hidden inside, the surface does not need to be perfect.

It makes no difference to appearance but they are now incredibly comfortable against the neck/head.

Others who have used the passenger seat since have commented very positively so I've emailed the manufacturer to suggest he also consider a more compliant internal foam.

Reactions: Chalks99
I’ve just gone to order some headrests from the supplier in the first post, but he currently has no items on eBay. I wonder if he’s fallen foul of the eBay mods for some reason?

Has anyone got an email address for him?

• Helpful
Reactions: Roy W.
Just a heads-up in case anyone is interested in these headrests. The seller is now back on eBay. They are the same headrests but the listings now say “Any Embroidery” and don’t show the Tesla logo, so I guess he was probably asked to remove all the listings with logos. I’ve just ordered a pair. I will keep you posted.

Reactions: Drew57
So my order for two headrests and a pair of seatbelt cushions arrived yesterday by post from Russia. Despatch was two days after I ordered, and delivery took exactly three weeks.

The quality of these items is outstanding - lovely materials and gorgeous detailed manufacture. They can be completely personalised, from the material colour, the stitching colour and the embroidery.

I fitted them yesterday and went out for a short drive to test them out. The seat belt cushions work as expected, and the headrest cushion makes a big difference for me to the usefulness of the headrest. In my normal driving position my head doesn’t touch the seat headrest, but this cushion sits nicely in the back of the neck and is very comfortable.

All in all a ten out of ten from me.

9CFF2CFA-1DD9-46FB-A0C1-76036B6E2021.jpeg
38654FDC-11DD-4690-8658-30F1C2A0B932.jpeg
7C5921AB-E48A-409B-B7FD-1176C7CF9183.jpeg

I wonder how these perform in the event of a rear-end shunt? Unless they are incredibly soft it looks like they'd cause hyper extension of the neck and rotation of the head- exactly what the headrests are supposed to prevent or reduce.
The cushions are very soft, so hopefully that won’t be a problem.

At least if I do break my neck, I’ll be comfortable ;)

So my order for two headrests and a pair of seatbelt cushions arrived yesterday by post from Russia. Despatch was two days after I ordered, and delivery took exactly three weeks.

The quality of these items is outstanding - lovely materials and gorgeous detailed manufacture. They can be completely personalised, from the material colour, the stitching colour and the embroidery.

I fitted them yesterday and went out for a short drive to test them out. The seat belt cushions work as expected, and the headrest cushion makes a big difference for me to the usefulness of the headrest. In my normal driving position my head doesn’t touch the seat headrest, but this cushion sits nicely in the back of the neck and is very comfortable.

View attachment 609443 View attachment 609444 View attachment 609445

Have you got a link please?

View attachment 609443 View attachment 609444 View attachment 609445

Perhaps not the best time to ask about this, but what was the seller's name on eBay? I can't find it anywhere and the link in the opening post doesn't work. Interested in looking into this again.

Perhaps not the best time to ask about this, but what was the seller's name on eBay? I can't find it anywhere and the link in the opening post doesn't work. Interested in looking into this again.
I just looked at my order history - 'vadimsustominterior' appears to have either been taken down, ceased trading or banned by eBay - 'items for sale & visit shop' are now blank. He seemed like a decent guy & was very responsive so you can only hope he has fled Russia & will set up elsewhere.

In the meantime all that appear in eBay are numerous Chinese variants

Screenshot 2022-04-04 at 11.09.06.png

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-04-04 at 11.09.06.png
    Screenshot 2022-04-04 at 11.09.06.png
    383.6 KB · Views: 25
  • Helpful
Reactions: Durzel