Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

is auto-pilot package required for Parking Sensor ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi I just bought a model s 2013, without auto-pilot or any package, other than included connectivity and premium sound, when I was shopping for car, I didn't care about auto-pilot or highway auto pilot since I wanna drive it myself. but I do care about basic safety things such as parking sensor that even my cars in 2003 had... so I assumed parking sensor is probably included in base model in 2013 model s...

but now that I have the car, I noticed it does NOT beep at me when I am too close to hit the wall when I park, is there something wrong with my car ? (like maybe sensors have gone bad? )
or it is normal that it doesnt come with any parking sensors or blind spot detection unless you have auto pilot package ?

Automatic Emergency Braking, Forward Collision Warning, Lane Assist, etc. I think some of these features are more advanced with newer AP hardware, but AP1 did have them. AP1 hardware was introduced in late 2014, but the AP features package wasn't introduced until mid-to-late 2015.
Is it possible to add specifically “Automatic Emergency Braking and Forward Collision Warning” now? How much would that cost?