Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

iPhone ringer volume turned all the way down

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have had this issue with my 2023 Model Y Performance since day one; whenever I drive and my iPhone 14 Pro (latest software) has been connected to Bluetooth, my ringer volume is turned all the way down/off. I have tried re-pairing the device, turning up the Bluetooth volume while it's connected, etc.- no luck. Is anyone else experiencing this?

If connected to car simply turn dial up on car steering wheel (per manual suggested)
Thanks for the suggestion to read the manual. It can't find where it addresses the problem: Every time I get out of the car the ringer volume has been turned off. It seems you know where the manual answer this problem. Would you be so kind as to show me. Thanks

Here's a little more info. I opened the Tesla app. Next, I confirmed the ringer volume was turned all the way up. Then, I opened the door, took my seat on the drivers side and depressed the brake pedal. Immediately the ringer volume was turns down/off. TIA

Thanks for the suggestion to read the manual. It can't find where it addresses the problem: Every time I get out of the car the ringer volume has been turned off. It seems you know where the manual answer this problem. Would you be so kind as to show me. Thanks

Here's a little more info. I opened the Tesla app. Next, I confirmed the ringer volume was turned all the way up. Then, I opened the door, took my seat on the drivers side and depressed the brake pedal. Immediately the ringer volume was turns down/off. TIA
That was what I was trying to say. when the phone is transferred to the car the volume control is now the cars volume control. If it used the phone control it would default the car volume to deafening. Start a call (just ringing is fine and dial up the volume in the car.

I have had this issue with my 2023 Model Y Performance since day one; whenever I drive and my iPhone 14 Pro (latest software) has been connected to Bluetooth, my ringer volume is turned all the way down/off. I have tried re-pairing the device, turning up the Bluetooth volume while it's connected, etc.- no luck. Is anyone else experiencing this?