Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

IOWA Tesla Owners

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How locked in on the concept of it being just an Iowa owners group are you? Quad Cities area owners for instance probably have more interests in events and charger construction in common with Tesla owners in eastern Iowa than Chicago Tesla owners regardless of which side of the river we live on.

How locked in on the concept of it being just an Iowa owners group are you? Quad Cities area owners for instance probably have more interests in events and charger construction in common with Tesla owners in eastern Iowa than Chicago Tesla owners regardless of which side of the river we live on.

I will pass on your question to the gentleman organizing the club.
I know that any group of 25+ owners can organize their own regional group.

I will pass on your question to the gentleman organizing the club.
I know that any group of 25+ owners can organize their own regional group.
I’ve reached out to Paul (the official club is showing on the list now as of last night!)
Tesla Owners Club Directory and have been in communication with Tesla about doing something locally in the QC area. Perhaps a sub-chapter of the official Iowa Owners Club? We’ll see. I’ll reply when I have replies and know more.
Please do the same if you hear anything :)

Reactions: crmatson
I’ve reached out to Paul (the official club is showing on the list now as of last night!)
Tesla Owners Club Directory and have been in communication with Tesla about doing something locally in the QC area. Perhaps a sub-chapter of the official Iowa Owners Club? We’ll see. I’ll reply when I have replies and know more.
Please do the same if you hear anything :)
Assume you guys will meet up at the HyVee on 53rd. Will be monitoring for when it is. I’m from there and visit from time-to-time. So happy they have a supercharger location now, that was my biggest drawback a long while back - no way to drive to my family.

Reactions: TQCLove
Cross posting from the Quad City thread:
https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/threads/quad-cities-iowa-illinois.95529/page-3#post-3628038

Howdy all Quad Citians! Great news, there’s now an official owners club in Iowa! The official Tesla website just listed it last night Electric Cars, Solar Panels & Clean Energy Storage | Tesla and the point of contact (Paul) is asking for those interested to contact him with their desire to be a member. Membership does require a VIN (which makes sense as it’s an “owners” club) but does not cost (as far as I know). I’ve been in touch with Paul myself and am really excited about this! Hoping that this post will find more QC owners that would like to join and will help spread the word.

Thanks all and have a great, blessed weekend.

Assume you guys will meet up at the HyVee on 53rd. Will be monitoring for when it is. I’m from there and visit from time-to-time. So happy they have a supercharger location now, that was my biggest drawback a long while back - no way to drive to my family.
I think that’s the best place to meet up locally, yeah. :)
I’ve actually met up with some people at this one and the Iowa City SC, people I’ve met on these forums (here at TOO). It’s always awesome to meet other owners/future owners (the ONLY two groups of people, lol). Got another meet up next week planned, and another one the week after! :)

I drove from Okoboji, IA to Colorado Springs, CO a couple of weeks ago. The I-90 superchargers are well-spaced for the trip. I was disappointed to see between 50% and 75% of them not functioning in Worthington, MN - Lusk, WY - Rapid City, SD and the temporary one South of Denver. I'm sure they will be quickly fixed, but it would be nice to know they are out of service, in advance of arrival. 2,000 miles round-trip ... no gas. Really enjoyed it. I also found an EV fan in Colorado Springs that gave me a HPWC charge. There aren't any Superchargers there, yet.

You will know, latest software updated will alert you to the station's condition, at least that is what I read in release notes.

Ahh, so what happens in a major event? Do they have to send a tow truck to Chicago or wherever the closest service center is located?
Sometimes they rent space in a local service centre and perform the work there. Other times I think Kansas City is the closest SC. Just depends on what the issue is.

Sometimes they rent space in a local service centre and perform the work there. Other times I think Kansas City is the closest SC. Just depends on what the issue is.

That makes sense, I am a little leery about getting a Y or any Tesla for that matter with no service center around me. A feeling I can get over, just hard for the initial purchase and being used to a service center down the road.

That makes sense, I am a little leery about getting a Y or any Tesla for that matter with no service center around me. A feeling I can get over, just hard for the initial purchase and being used to a service center down the road.
When I first purchased the early 2013 S, we took it on a trip to Lincoln (from Texas). The car had an infant mortality of the onboard charger. Called Tesla and they flew someone out to replace. I actually lost no driving time other than the couple of hours it took the Ranger to install the new charger. This really isn't something I'd worry about. That was really the only issue we ever had with it. Traded it in for an X earlier this year.

Reactions: TQCLove
How many Model Y owners in the group? I picked mine up 06/06/2020 VIN 65XX. Red AWD Long Range / Black interior. I'm in the Des Moines area.
I took delivery of a Model Y LR on 05/31/2020, VIN 55xx. I live about 45 miles south of IA City. I picked it up at the Bloomington, IL service center (200 miles one way). I don't think there is a service center in Des Moines, but I'd love to be proven wrong.

I haven't needed service yet, nor have I tried mobile service. But I'm about to submit a request using the Tesla app. I sometimes get a front trunk warning when it's not really open. (Along with a few other little things that I hope are easily fixable.) So far I am loving it. 5700 miles and counting.

Reactions: MarkoC and TQCLove
Dear Iowa Tesla friends, looking for assistance. I have a friend that was counting on using a CHAdeMO charger in Waterloo tomorrow. He's driving from Madison, to Dubuque, to Cedar Falls to Sumner and back to Cedar Falls on a tight schedule. He's taking my car. I thought I had a CHAdeMO adapter but seems to be missing. Does anyone have an adapter we could rent, borrow or buy for the day or weekend? Thanks!!!!