Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Insurance

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have Erie, and it is much less cost than the Audi A8 S i replaced. I beleve Tesla uses their failed drivers score monitoring of your driving. When I was being qualified for FSD Beta, you had to reach a top safety score to get access to FSD Beta. It would ding me for hard braking when I used no braking except the reginerative braking. Also, I was rolling forward one day at a drive thru, and pressed the brake quickly to stop, and it dinged me. I would hate for my insurance premium to be based on non-sensical scoring that has nothing to do with my driving and safety, but rather the data from some poorly written collector of (mis)information.

This is what my new quote with Tesla
Time to move on.

Attachments

• IMG_8641.jpeg
    IMG_8641.jpeg
    295 KB · Views: 194
if you are able to get Tesla insurance, i would recommend it. its pretty cheap, and have used them once, and it was pretty easy. Also, if you have Tesla insurance, then you get a 50% discount on parts. So if you have an issue (like a broken windshield) then with the discount, its under your deductible so you don't have to complete the claim. You just get a huge discount for replacement.

if you are able to get Tesla insurance, i would recommend it. its pretty cheap, and have used them once, and it was pretty easy. Also, if you have Tesla insurance, then you get a 50% discount on parts. So if you have an issue (like a broken windshield) then with the discount, its under your deductible so you don't have to complete the claim. You just get a huge discount for replacement.
Tesla insurance raise rates for no reason sorry but time to move on

45% increase without any reason I will pass

YMMV, I have Tesla insurance for two years now. The pros for me are that it is cheap, the claiming process is smooth (contrary to my expectation), I maxed out the coverage, and I saved 50 - 60% compared with other companies for SC of 100, it is the cheapest car I have ever insured. The cons are the SC's nanny, and I use FSDb 98% of the time to keep my SC at 100; I rented an ICE sedan recently, and on the first few days, I was actually scared to drive, they keep track of how many miles you drive in 6 months - if it is near or exceeded the agreed range, they will raise the premium. Every renewal expects an increase in premium, mine has been reasonable - I suspect it is a regional thing but surprised not more as Dallas is the worst city of accidents; everything has to be done through the app/text, so forget about getting a live person to help you. They stated the premium will not be increased because of claims ... I will know by next month.

Reactions: saj070
If you are a Costco member, their home/auto insurance program through American Family Insurance has excellent rates. We pay $800 for 6 months for 5 cars, including my Model S, with good coverage including collision (Tesla on its own is $200 for 6 months). Don't think it's available in California or Florida, although I could be wrong about that... Insurance rates depend on a lot of factors including driving record, age of driver, age of car, accident record, location and credit score - but this program has the best rates that I could find with a reputable company.

Reactions: teko and ucmndd
If you are a Costco member, their home/auto insurance program through American Family Insurance has excellent rates. We pay $800 for 6 months for 5 cars, including my Model S, with good coverage including collision (Tesla on its own is $200 for 6 months). Don't think it's available in California or Florida, although I could be wrong about that... Insurance rates depend on a lot of factors including driving record, age of driver, age of car, accident record, location and credit score - but this program has the best rates that I could find with a reputable company.
I’ve been with them for many years and have had a couple claims that were handled very well. Unfortunate they’re not writing new business in California right now.

Although per their website right now it looks like they’ve been hacked and I should expect a notification letter soon. 😂

Reactions: Nissanman