Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Installed NEMA 14-50 in garage

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Foresight:

I guess I am lucky. My house came with a 14-50 box just like the one in hans' picture. It is in the front corner of my house under the breaker panel and where the garage is. It would have been really easy to install myself and I might end up moving to the other side of the wall so it is in the garage/add another plug on the other side for future cars/friends

As you sit in your S tomorrow morning, thank Elon for th car, but the foresight of your previous homeowner in putting in the NEMA 14-50 is brilliant. Will cost me about $1000; Ouch! - an extra $300 of that is for a special meter that will allow 5.5cents/kWh so hard to complain about that...

Hope the car is having a blast with you.

As you sit in your S tomorrow morning, thank Elon for th car, but the foresight of your previous homeowner in putting in the NEMA 14-50 is brilliant. Will cost me about $1000; Ouch! - an extra $300 of that is for a special meter that will allow 5.5cents/kWh so hard to complain about that...

Hope the car is having a blast with you.

Well I moved my 14-50 and added a breaker panel w/ breakers for <$100
but my power is crazy Ca $0.31 for tier 4 & 5

... & She's loving me. Getting her some sunglasses for X-mas :cool: