Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

If you were not getting a Model S what would you get

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm impressed at the number of people who are getting rid of *two* cars when getting the model S.

I've been believing the reports that the total number of cars in the US is going to drop, but I didn't expect that it would happen for buyers at this price point.

Replacing my 2010 Toyota Prius with approimately 51000 miles. The plan is as gas prices go higher and my Prius resale value goes up by literally about a 1,000.oo a month, I will sell that car for approximately 8,000.00 more than I owe on it, paying about 450.00/month, then buy a used hatchback for about 8,000.00, finance that at about 130.00/month. End result: 8,000.00 extra in my savings account, a decrese in my monthly payment by approximately 310.00 (probably paying it off by the time my Model S is delivered) and a hatch back to drive on snowy/salty days in the winter. Thats the plan anyway, we'll see if it happens that way, no matter what, I am looking forward to Model S delivery, hopefully in Februaryish of 2013 (P6398).