Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I Hit The CPO Lottery! Lowest S60 to Date?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Congrats the price is very low and I would make sure what others said:

Inspect the car before you buy.
Ask service center to charge to 100% so you can see what is the rated miles and look for battery degradation
Check other threads on buying CPO..

I hope you got the "unlock the 40 to a 60" in writing from someone. There's another thread about someone buying a 40 from auction and being told that it would cost $11k by tesla. So yes they can unlock it, the question is how much will it cost.

Actually on the quote it said is was a 70 but I knew that couldn't be true. The manager confirmed that it would be a 60 from a 40 and that it was a error in the system since they don't sell 60s anymore.

Jesus people did you even read the top post? He bought a CPO 60 from Tesla that used to be a 40. It's about as clear as you can get. If Tesla was tricking people into buying 40's we'd have some real issues.

Last edited:
Jesus people do you even read the top post? He bought a CPO 60 from Tesla that used to be a 40. It's about as clear as you can get. If Tesla was tricking people into buying 40's we'd have some real issues.
I imagine some are just shocked that Tesla would give away a 60. Seems they could have gotten about 15k more for the car given the options. So the question is, why does it matter it was ever 40 and give it away at 40 prices if it is actually a 60?

Winner winner chicken dinner.

:)

Sounds like Hustle is an apt handle for you - nice score! Enjoy your new machine.

Pics, please.

ETA:

"Im road tripping it back to Ohio."

Are you en route now? Safe travels, and congrats again. What an encouraging thing to read for anyone prospecting CPOs right now.

Thanks for the well wishes. I was on the road back when I posted. I'm back home now. I will post pics.

and this thread made the news....Cheapest Tesla Model S Yet? - Gas 2

Sadly they accompanied the article with a picture of a black Model S that has the upgraded alloys and red calipers. <sigh>

HustleSimmons congratulations on an awesome buy. I drove an S60 loaner recently while my P85 was in the shop, and was delighted to find it to still be an amazing, comfortable car. You should be justly proud of yourself for snagging that for just $42,900 !!!

Jesus people do you even read the top post? He bought a CPO 60 from Tesla that used to be a 40. It's about as clear as you can get. If Tesla was tricking people into buying 40's we'd have some real issues.

Yes, I read it, and I'm incredulous. Tesla's reasoning for the low price doesn't make any sense. It sounds like Tesla goofed on the price, or miscommunicated on the specs. Given Tesla's history, the second option is real possibility.

Though now I see he took delivery, so I guess it's the first option.

great news, I mis-read your first post. The transition to 60 had already happened, while I was worried you had a 40 that had not yet been transitioned. Since others were having problems with it, warning you about that possibility seemed to be the right thing to do.

great news, I mis-read your first post. The transition to 60 had already happened, while I was worried you had a 40 that had not yet been transitioned. Since others were having problems with it, warning you about that possibility seemed to be the right thing to do.

Thanks for trying to give me a heads up. With the CPO cars being sight unseen until delivery there is a better chance of errors. But because of forums like this there's a wealth of info for potential buyers to help with the process. Hank's app, Nick's checklist (which I used), How to find out if you have an A pack vs B pack, etc.
602.PNG
60.PNG

Thanks for trying to give me a heads up. With the CPO cars being sight unseen until delivery there is a better chance of errors. But because of forums like this there's a wealth of info for potential buyers to help with the process. Hank's app, Nick's checklist (which I used), How to find out if you have an A pack vs B pack, etc.
View attachment 91287View attachment 91288

The most interesting thing about this photo is the obeche wood has a vertical grain. Freaking collectors item, guy.

:)

What was the VIN again? I think it wasn't long until they flipped to horizontal grain, but this is the first time I've seen it.

- - - Updated - - -

Like the name.

Looks like this story was picked up by Gas 2 Go blog, and from there other sites. I'm amazed by their constant mining of this site for stories.

HS is a CPO legend now. Such a cool story.