Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I have to cancel my reservation now I'm out $5k according to Tesla [Now Resolved]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Don't know why I am spilling this to total; strangers but you guys seem like a nice bunch to have a beer with.................and that's important

Wait a minute... If you first complain and then get a good resolution you have to tell us about the resolution. If you didn't complain and kept it private then fine, but once you made it public the only proper and ethical thing to do is post the resolution.

I'm happy for you and never really doubted that Tesla would do the right thing. They went above and beyond, IMO, by allowing you to use the deposit at a later date.

Who says Tesla is not a great company???:love:
They are keeping $2500..... fair enough I assumed I would lose that, but I got a call today saying I don't lose it, they keep it as a credit to apply to the car when I get sorted:smile:
And they are refunding me $2500:biggrin: And today things looked up so today is a fricking awesome day:biggrin::biggrin:

Don't know why I am spilling this to total; strangers but you guys seem like a nice bunch to have a beer with.................and that's important

Thanks to everyone how offered advice.

great news!....however give them 30 to 60 days to refund the money, it takes them forever to do so.

They are keeping $2500..... fair enough I assumed I would lose that, but I got a call today saying I don't lose it, they keep it as a credit to apply to the car when I get sorted:smile:
And they are refunding me $2500:biggrin: And today things looked up so today is a fricking awesome day:biggrin::biggrin:

Bad times don't usually last, better days are always around the corner. Glad things are looking up!

In various often tricky business situations or problems related to normal business policy that have been reported on here, Tesla keeps coming up with really fair, I mean really really fair and relevant solutions. They may lose a little bit (in this case whatever actual expenses were related to the cancellation), but the customer feels very very well taken care of. Holding the last half as a deposit is brilliant. It ends up feeling like a win-win IMO.

Nice one fellow Brit. I guess this means I'm still the sole Model S owner in Plantation...at least for a while :wink:

Hi Steve,

Great news, especially the part where you essentially remain a reservation holder!

Larry