Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I have Teslaomnia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Teslaomnia: (noun) an inability to sleep or stay asleep usually caused by excitement of wanting to drive or tinker with your Tesla.

Just picked up my new CPO Tesla Model S P85 and I can't sleep. I want it to be morning already so I can drive the car some more. I've wanted this car since it first debuted. I can't believe I own one now.

Congratulations!

If you would like to join a local Florida support group with like-minded individuals who have also been afflicted, please click on the Florida Tesla Enthusiasts link in my signature.

Larry

Yeah, just go. Early on, I woke up at 3am for whatever reason and couldn't get back to sleep so I drove around for a couple of hours... Was great bonding time, saw like 2 other cars the whole time. Go for it!

-m

I think you win the best delivery picture contest!

Thank you. ;)

Ok so day 2 was not so kind to me. I must have ran over a nail or something. Tire lost pressure. Going to take to tire shop tomorrow. I hope it can be fixed vs having to replace the entire tired. Disappointed that Tesla doesn't have any tire warranty (hazard or tread life). I'm looking at having to get a brand new tire if not fixable and there's still great tread life on the tire.

Ditto, this is a serious condition. I have a case of Teslaomnia coming on I can tell, waiting on my delivery in June (D70). The initial signs involve symptoms of constant research, being on this site, preparing to order needed accessories, etc. AhhH!

Ditto, this is a serious condition. I have a case of Teslaomnia coming on I can tell, waiting on my delivery in June (D70). The initial signs involve symptoms of constant research, being on this site, preparing to order needed accessories, etc. AhhH!

It gets worse as the delivery date nears. One week left till I get mine and I'm now down to 4 hours of sleep a night!

Definitely afflicted with Anticipatory Teslaomnia... Symptoms include pointing out every Tesla I spot when out and about, and commenting on all the cool features I can't wait to play with. You'd think my wife would be tired of hearing it by now, but I think she loves seeing me get all excited about something. (which I don't do that often)

Of course I don't know what's stronger right now... excitement over getting a Tesla, or anxiety over having such an expensive car when out in public. (never had a car remotely in that price range before)

Regardless, once "Late May" comes around, the real fun begins.

It's an epidemic in this forum. BTW- driving at 3am when the roads are bare is the absolute BEST- gives a whole new meaning to "fly by night". Congratulations!

- - - Updated - - -

I think you win the best delivery picture contest!

+1. I think we're skewing the usual Tesla driver demographic. :)

FullSizeRender-2.jpg

Definitely afflicted with Anticipatory Teslaomnia... Symptoms include pointing out every Tesla I spot when out and about, and commenting on all the cool features I can't wait to play with. You'd think my wife would be tired of hearing it by now, but I think she loves seeing me get all excited about something. (which I don't do that often)

I am in the same state here. I keep being told "I'm happy you are so excited about something. Ooh, is that another Tesla?" as we drive around town. We are getting good at recognizing the other ones. Practicing our Tesla nod for next week!

I'm looking at having to get a brand new tire if not fixable and there's still great tread life on the tire.

In my experience your mileage varies greatly on this - depending on where you take it. If you take it to a large chain, like Discount Tire or NTB, they want to sell you a tire so they are less inclined to fix the old one. I try to go to some small service station that advertises fixing flats. They want to fix it and not sell you a new one. Just my experience.

Thank you. ;)

Ok so day 2 was not so kind to me. I must have ran over a nail or something. Tire lost pressure. Going to take to tire shop tomorrow. I hope it can be fixed vs having to replace the entire tired. Disappointed that Tesla doesn't have any tire warranty (hazard or tread life). I'm looking at having to get a brand new tire if not fixable and there's still great tread life on the tire.

Usually there is a tire manufacturer's warranty.

It's an epidemic in this forum. BTW- driving at 3am when the roads are bare is the absolute BEST- gives a whole new meaning to "fly by night". Congratulations!

- - - Updated - - -

View attachment 80242

Another awesome delivery pic in the same thread! Maybe there should be a separate thread for awesome delivery pictures...

Of course I don't know what's stronger right now... excitement over getting a Tesla, or anxiety over having such an expensive car when out in public. (never had a car remotely in that price range before)

Regardless, once "Late May" comes around, the real fun begins.

I'm the same way on both fronts. My GF is fine with it, though - and she works in an area where there are more Tesla's about than I do...So she sends me a pic whenever she's near one...

...I also haven't had such a high end car before so I feel a little anxious and am saying "Yeah I probably won't drive THERE anymore..."

Early June delivery here!

I've owned a Tesla since 2009; I still succumb regularly to the need to drive the S for no particular reason. It's OK, though: I can stop any time I want. :biggrin:

@1ton: sorry about the tire.

Last edited:
@1ton: sorry about the tire, guy.

errrr, what??? Did you see her delivery pic? 1ton is most definitely not a guy!
http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/showthread.php/46895-I-have-Teslaomnia?p=997853&viewfull=1#post997853

- - - Updated - - -

No warranty. The nail was too close to the sidewall. Needed to replace the tire. :(

I hate it when they say this crap! I'm 55, and I've had many tires plugged in my life. Only recently have they started using this excuse to sell you a new tire. Makes me so mad!

Last edited:
Ooops. My apologies to the OP. :redface:

No worries. ;)

I'm so tired right now though. I only slept 4 hours. I was thinking how dirty my car is from sitting in the rain after the tire was changed. I wanted to wash my car but the sun wasn't out yet. This is pretty pathetic. LOL.

- - - Updated - - -

Possibly! Nice car. I was debating black or white.