Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I have a problem of work with the European Space Agency........

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It looks like they are trying to overwhelm you.

That's right!

- - - Updated - - -

Since this is going on for so long, and is causing you a lot of stress, this is a good time to bite your nails and get it fixed once and for all. Don't let them bully you into anything without legal counsil.

All the best :)

René

Agree 100%

Thank you very much for your wish. :smile:

Did they not give a reason for terminating your employment.

So far all you've posted is about how the termination is wrongful and not done in a proper and lawful manor.

But surely they must have given you reasons? After all the ESA doesn't strike me as made up of stupid people?

To this concern I would like to be more precise. When I was in ESA I had a problem with a beatiful blonde Dutch secretary who teased me and provoked me also sexually. This is the true reason why ESA came to the Report recommending the end of appointment. But the secretary was not even mentioned in tue Report!

To this concern I would like to be more precise. When I was in ESA I had a problem with a beatiful blonde Dutch secretary who teased me and provoked me also sexually. This is the true reason why ESA came to the Report recommending the end of appointment. But the secretary was not even mentioned in tue Report!

Sounds like a minefield.

To this concern I would like to point out that the Head of Personnel of ESA not only said that because ESA has hidden my Vacancy Notice (I also have the number of my Vacancy Notice) I have no fault, but he also added that he wouldn't have repeated anymore to anybody what he said. This behaviour is not in good faith IMO.

To this concern I would like to be more precise. Exact words were:

me: if ESA has hidden my Vacancy Notice it means that the crashing with the secretary has been provoked by ESA

Head of ESA Personnel: yes you are right. It's a problem of power. But I will never say this again to anybody.

- - - Updated - - -

Sounds like a minefield.

That's right. Sex and power against a poor engineer Who was also working very hard for them.

Can you think something worse? And ESA also says to be on the right side!

Many companies, Raffy, are reluctant to ruin someone's career by filing a notice that says they were let go because of sexual harassment. Is it possible that the notice is missing, not because they were trying to hurt you, but because they were trying to keep whatever happened from becoming a permanent black mark on your career?

I fear that because of the time that has gone by, that this will not end the way you'd like - do you know what you will do if ESA does not give you money? Maybe it's time to pursue that, as so many have suggested, and look at any monies from ESA as a bonus, were that to materialize.

Many companies, Raffy, are reluctant to ruin someone's career by filing a notice that says they were let go because of sexual harassment. Is it possible that the notice is missing, not because they were trying to hurt you, but because they were trying to keep whatever happened from becoming a permanent black mark on your career?

Bonnie you would be right if I had any fault in the crashing with the secretary (who teased and provoked me). But as the Head of ESA Personnel said the crashing with the Secretary was provoked by ESA for problems of Power.

I mean the Secretary teased and provoked sexually me under order of ESA!

That's why ESA didn't want the Probationary Board to summon. It would have come out that I am completely innocent!

- - - Updated - - -

Bonnie you would be right if I had any fault in the crashing with the secretary (who teased and provoked me). But as the Head of ESA Personnel said the crashing with the Secretary was provoked by ESA for problems of Power.

I mean the Secretary teased and provoked sexually me under order of ESA!

That's why ESA didn't want the Probationary Board to summon. It would have come out that I am completely innocent!

To this concern I would like to say that a beatiful blonde girl teasing and provoking you sexually for one year while you are working hard it's like a Chinese torture!

I fear that because of the time that has gone by, that this will not end the way you'd like

Same fear but in these years I have always been trying to work out the situation. Unluckily only now ESA is available to talk to me (and is still not available to work out the situation).

The position of ESA is simple: I am a strong Organization and I can make whatever I want. I don't care about you.

do you know what you will do if ESA does not give you money? Maybe it's time to pursue that, as so many have suggested, and look at any monies from ESA as a bonus, were that to materialize.

With the monies from ESA I would like to readdress my life, buy the Roadster (there is white Roadster in Switzerland that I am dreaming), build a solar farm (in Italy we have so much sunshine to be exploited), buy an apartment in Rome, have medical care.

There are many thing that I would like to do. Hope that ESA will allow me to restart a new life.

You are used to the American standards where if you lose your job you can easily get another job. Here in Italy it's not like this. Almost impossibile for me to find another job.

So can you not get a job that pays as much? Or can you not get a job at all?

Also, that's not an American standards thing. It's not as easy to get a job here as you think, I know someone who had to take a 50% paycut after being laid off. When you have family to support, you do whatever it takes.

So can you not get a job that pays as much? Or can you not get a job at all?

Also, that's not an American standards thing. It's not as easy to get a job here as you think, I know someone who had to take a 50% paycut after being laid off. When you have family to support, you do whatever it takes.

I can't get a job at all. Imagine that last year I washed the pavements for one day in a restaurant and the day after I have been fired because they didn't need me anymore.

- - - Updated - - -

According to my view ESA has destroyed my professional career that I built with so much passion (I got the degree in Electrical Engineering with maximum marks) without true reasons (only for their problems of power that are not of my concern of course) and now ESA has got to help me to readdress my life in or out of ESA.

According to my view ESA has destroyed my professional career that I built with so much passion (I got the degree in Electrical Engineering with maximum marks) without true reasons (only for their problems of power that are not of my concern of course) and now ESA has got to help me to readdress my life in or out of ESA.

According to my view, it sucks to be in your shoes and I empathize with you. But, also according to my view, you need to think what you're going to do if/when ESA doesn't readdress your life.

As a fellow European I can only advice you to get good legal council. From what I can gather from the original article, things are pretty messed up, and there is NO way that you can clear that up on your own. You've got to play the bureaucracy game, or you will have lost. It looks like they are trying to overwhelm you. In Europe employers have a lot more responsibilities towards their employees.
1. Collect all the evidence, in writing as much as possible
2. Don't accept any offers, and don't resign. If they don't want you to show up, make sure that they tell you to that you can stay at home, in writing
3. Get a good lawyer and document the case
4. Have the lawyer write them a letter stating all the points you don't agree with, and propose a large settlement
5. Take the lawyer with you at ANY meeting
5. Be prepared to go to court if needed.

Since this is going on for so long, and is causing you a lot of stress, this is a good time to bite your nails and get it fixed once and for all. Don't let them bully you into anything without legal counsil.

All the best :)

René

I noticed that you are Dutch. Nice to be your friend on TMC and also nice to see that you are from my side.

The facts of this thread happened in ESTEC (Noordwijk) that I am sure you know. When I lived in Holland I didn't manage to make friends but now I am happy to have a Dutch friend on TMC (friendship request sent :smile:).

I have a problem of work with the European Space Agency (ESA) that I don't manage to solve. My story has also been published by an Italian newspaper. I report the article for reference:

L'UnitÃ* - Edizione Nazionale - 20/05/2013 - l'Unit.it

The article is in Italian but it can be easily translated in English by using Google.

When I worked for ESA I was waiting for the release from the military service. In fact as ESA Staff Member I had the right to the release from the Military Service. But exactly the day that I got the Report on the Probationary Period recommending the end of appointment I called the Military District and they told me that my release from the military service was going to another guy having exactly my name that as me was working in Holland.

Of course such a coincidence is not possible and ESA was affecting the behaviour of the Italian Military Authorities using its political power.

What about another penal crime called Abuse of Power?

I mean the number of penal crimes against me is increasing.....

When I worked for ESA I was waiting for the release from the military service. In fact as ESA Staff Member I had the right to the release from the Military Service. But exactly the day that I got the Report on the Probationary Period recommending the end of appointment I called the Military District and they told me that my release from the military service was going to another guy having exactly my name that as me was working in Holland.

Of course such a coincidence is not possible and ESA was affecting the behaviour of the Italian Military Authorities using its political power.

In fact one months before that this happened I talked to the Officer that was handling my Military situation in Rome and he told me exactly:

"We are in contact with the European Space Agency where you are working. You will get your military release when we will get some info from ESA"

So I started thinking that there was some connection between ESA and the Italian Military Authorities handling my situation.

What about another penal crime called Abuse of Power?

I mean the number of penal crimes against me is increasing.....

When I realized what was happening I had an emotional breakdown. I have also been visited by the Doctor of ESA for my emotional breakdown who gave me two weeks of sick leave.

- - - Updated - - -

When I realized what was happening I had an emotional breakdown. I have also been visited by the Doctor of ESA for my emotional breakdown who gave me two weeks of sick leave.

Then I went to the Italian Consolate in Rotterdam to ask for a document allowing me to go to Italy since I didn't have the release from the Military Service. The clerk at the Italian Consolate told me that he couldn't give me such a document since the Military District of Rome didn't answer to them in spite of the fact that I sent to such a Military District all the documents asking for the release twice!

The clerk also warned me that in that period I was taking the risk to go to prison for 15 years because the Military District considered me as a person that was trying to avoid the Military Service in a not legal way.

Status
Not open for further replies.