Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How will Tesla sell their cars in the future?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I like this idea. I'd invite any and all EVs to participate. Only, I can't drive to S.F. How about Spokane, anyone? The Roadster is my daily driver, so people see it all the time. But a hundred Roadsters and Leaf's and DIY EVs all at once would be cool. :)

I'm in Northern Ca so Washington sounds good to me... If i do get a Performance version I want to put as many miles on it as I can. I love driving and it gets so expensive to go on long ICE trips!

Maybe downtown Seattle area for a city cruise? Spokane is 760+ mi from me, Seattle < 600mi I could stop in Grants pass and Salem and make it easily up there

I love to drive out into the country on a hot, sunny day with the mesh top on. But after three quarters of an hour of driving I get tired and I'm ready to turn around, and by the time I get home I'm bushed. Around a hundred miles is plenty for me.

Road trips are MUCH easier in the Prius, with its more comfortable seating position and room for my legs and feet to change position. The narrow foot well in the Roadster limits how much time I can spend in it. For me, it's an in-and-around-town car. I could make it to Seattle with one stop, and wouldn't even need a complete fill. But I would never do it unless I was with a girlfriend for whom it was really important to do. If I need to go to Seattle, I take the plane. When I go up to Canada, to places without air service, I drive the Prius.

I think it would be cool if Tesla had a webcam at the service center...Would be nice to watch your Tesla being serviced while at your desk etc. Even at the showroom for people who live far away from a Tesla showroom having a webcam where they can see some of what is happening inside these retail spaces would be nice.

"It takes the whole not-selling-the-car process to another level," Blankenship told Automotive News. "We're telling customers, 'I can't sell you a car today if I wanted to.'"

Does that sort of kill the whole idea of inventory?

From: Tesla will start repaying loans by end of this year

As a side note to the admins... Man, took me far too long to get a query to find this thread (that I basically knew the title of). Admins, the "search this forum" option still searches all forums. You have to go to advanced and then have it search the specific forum (and, thread titles only if you want tighter results)

from brianman's call notes:

[on the topic of what "sold out" means or would mean for 2013]
George:
We never plan to have inventory.
Our goal is to have 3-4 months of reservations at any given time.

and to requote myself...

As a side note to the admins... Man, took me far too long to get a query to find this thread (that I basically knew the title of).

bring on the google search! :)