Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any help or advice will be greatly appreciated.

I own a Model S P90D in Cyprus, I bought it here in Cyprus. actually there are lots of these cars being sold in Cyprus brand new through (approved?) dealers.

I needed to change my pyro fuse and discovered there is no place in Cyprus to get the car serviced.
So I bought a pyro fuse from UK and got it fitted by a local auto electrician, but the error message persists, stating pyro fuse needs replacing.

So, firstly I am looking for anyone who can help with this, i.e . Removing pyro message replacement message.

And this is where it gets interesting, I contacted Tesla for help with this matter and they said they can not help.
So I asked them why they are selling cars in Cyprus with no way of getting them serviced, or even honouring their warranty on the new cars they are selling.

Tesla replied stating that Cyprus is not a core market and thus they can't help.. And they said they are not selling cars in Cyprus.. It is a 3rd party vendor selling them.
So I went to the 3rd party dealer and asked them where they are getting the cars from and they said Tesla greece is supplying them..
So I asked who is responsible for warranty and service.. And they stated Tesla greece are responsible and I would have to contact them direct.
So I did contact Tesla and they said they cannot offer service in Cyprus.
We went full circle.

I contacted Tesla again and again asked why they are knowingly selling cars to the Cyprus market , and they responded that they have no control over it.? This is a blatant lie..Tesla greece are fully aware they are shipping cars to the Cyprus market, the 3rd party dealer and Tesla greece are working in partnership.

As you can see my experience with Tesla service has turned out to be a nightmare..I am going to the newspapers to tell my story and make sure no-one else unwittingly buys a Tesla in Cyprus thinking that when the time comes they can get it fixed or serviced.
Tesla have left all owners in Cyprus stranded with no intention of helping, their customer service is atrocious , they wouldn't even agree to send over a technician even though I offered to pay.

So , are there any technicians on here who can help and would be willing to fly over to Cyprus to remove a pyro fuse replacement message? Paid of course.

Needless to say , this experience has put me off every buying another Tesla.

Maybe try this

Join the Tesla owners Facebook group. This has been raised loads of times.

From memory a service request will often result in a remote reset of message.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Get the Greek dealer to request this?

Tesla have left all owners in Cyprus stranded
Tesla Greece and the dealer you bought from are leaving you to sort this out for yourself. But you're not alone. There's lots of technical expertise here on TMC.

I think the dealer bought the car from Tesla Greece which makes them the owner before you. That's because Tesla does not sell, at all, through dealerships.

Next thought, there's an online service manual that you can have free access to with a subscription. Maybe it has fuse info for your particular car.

Another thought, maybe the service menus in the car have some sort of info/reset in relation to the fuse.

Last thought, do a search on TMC for "Pyro fuse". Lots of info.

And ... keep at it, you'll find a solution.

Last edited:
It would seem that your remedy would be with. the dealer who sold it to you, not Tesla. Granted Tesla has a waranty but usually that is to the original owner. You have privity with the dealer not Tesla. The warranty provisions stated in the owners manual. (here in the US) state it applies to vehicles “sold by and delivered direct from Tesla“. While the warranty is transferable, the previous owner must have taken title and then transferred it to you. Thus you would be purchasing a used vehicle not a new one.

It would seem that your remedy would be with. the dealer who sold it to you, not Tesla. Granted Tesla has a waranty but usually that is to the original owner. You have privity with the dealer not Tesla. The warranty provisions stated in the owners manual. (here in the US) state it applies to vehicles “sold by and delivered direct from Tesla“. While the warranty is transferable, the previous owner must have taken title and then transferred it to you. Thus you would be purchasing a used vehicle not a new one.
It's a P90, old car no newer than 2017. So the general waranty is expired. If it's a 2017 then it has 1 more year on drivetrain/battery waranty. I think I've read where Pyro fuse was not considered as part of the battery. So no waranty for OP.

The Greece place seems to be the best bet if they have any sort of service department. Forget about the dealership, they seem pretty lame and don't care.

How long has the OP had the car? Are there laws in Cyprus to protect buyers from unscrupulous sellers of cars?

I don't see this as a a Tesla issue.

In the US we have 12 states without Tesla service centers, and each of them is significantly larger in area than Cyprus. The market dictates where any auto company sells and services vehicles, if the market is not large enough, or not economically/regulatorily friendly, the companies don't support it.

There have been several U.S and non-U.S. vehicles (RAV4 EV for example) that I would have loved to own, but I never purchased one because local support was non existent.

That's just the way it works.

In theory you would need to take your car to the nearest Tesla service center in Europe, and they would service it. (As it was purchased in Europe, that is the home market in which Tesla will support it.)

It is just a matter of updating the fuse type in the car's configuration. (Since it has no way to know what fuse is installed.) I have seen reports of people having someone help with similar issues remotely. (By remoting into a laptop connected to the car via the diagnostic port.)

Reactions: zoomer0056
In theory you would need to take your car to the nearest Tesla service center in Europe, and they would service it. (As it was purchased in Europe, that is the home market in which Tesla will support it.)

It is just a matter of updating the fuse type in the car's configuration. (Since it has no way to know what fuse is installed.) I have seen reports of people having someone help with similar issues remotely. (By remoting into a laptop connected to the car via the diagnostic port.)
Do you know anyone that could help remotely? Whatever they charge, I'm sure it will work out cheaper than taking the car 1200km to mainland Europe.

Maybe try this

Join the Tesla owners Facebook group. This has been raised loads of times.

From memory a service request will often result in a remote reset of message.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Get the Greek dealer to request this?
How do I get a service request?
I tried using the app and it asked for my address and wouldn't even allow me to contact Tesla service in Greece.
It seems the entire system is setup to screw me. I just keep getting caught in a loop.

How do I get a service request?
I tried using the app and it asked for my address and wouldn't even allow me to contact Tesla service in Greece.
It seems the entire system is setup to screw me. I just keep getting caught in a loop.
I think you have to contact the dealer and then enter the dealer address in Greece.
Or ask the dealer for the address of the previous owner if the dealer didn't put the title in their name.
Alternately try and join a Facebook group in Europe and post your problem.
People like to help and maybe someone can offer you a solution where you hook a pc to the obd2 port with a fix.
The car runs ok otherwise so you could put a piece of electrical tape over the message but that will also hide any other messages that may show up on the dash.

Toolbox 3 is available to
download?

Toolbox

Toolbox is a web-based application that allows Tesla service technicians to access vehicle data, diagnostics, repair manuals, and more. To use Toolbox, you need to sign in with your Tesla account.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

You need to have a Tesla account.
You probably have to get it from the dealer who sold you the car if they put the title in their name.
The dealer must have some kind of help they can offer you.
Maybe the previous owner's account if that person didn't buy another Tesla.
Maybe with their permission you can use someone elses's account ?
Or they can download it and send it to you, not sure.

Last edited:
Reactions: Noob_2This
Some things for you to consider..

You don't necessarily have to do anything. The warning is just a warning, and now that you have actually replaced the fuse, nothing else will happen. You can ignore it.

However, if you ever travel to mainland Europe, you can visit any Tesla Service Center and they will fix it for you. You can book the service with Tesla app to any country. I'm from Finland and have visited service center in Austria, for example.

Tesla is correct in that they don't have official support in Cyprus. They don't sell cars there and don't have service centers. You have bought the car through some company that buys the cars from Greece and brings them there. That is not official Tesla import, but all warranties should be intact as long as you can bring the car to any service center.