Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to tell if a car has Raven?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Considering upgrading my P85D Model S to a 2019 Performance. How can I tell if it has Raven? The one I am interested in is a 6/2019 build date and says DUAL MOTOR (underlined) on the back.

Also, window sticker shows FSD. How can I tell if this is active?

Thx

On the center console, go to Suspension. It will have lots of numerical settings for suspension-- looking much more complex than non Raven. That's one way.
As for FSD: Go to the Software / Service (?) Menu -- there you can also see what all of the build options are and what is installed.
-TechVP

On the center console, go to Suspension. It will have lots of numerical settings for suspension-- looking much more complex than non Raven. That's one way.
As for FSD: Go to the Software / Service (?) Menu -- there you can also see what all of the build options are and what is installed.
-TechVP

Please post of photo of complex suspension. Pretty sure mine is a raven and not complex...

M

raven.JPG

• Funny
Reactions: aerodyne
The additional vehicle details under the software section will tell you. Air suspension type should be adaptive (instead of standard) and the motor type front should be permanent magnet (instead of induction)
Can those details be believed, however?
Mine says that my air suspension type is "Plus" which would definitely be wrong based on my 7/2015 build month.

Can those details be believed, however?
Mine says that my air suspension type is "Plus" which would definitely be wrong based on my 7/2015 build month.

Interesting. I haven't heard of someone having incorrect data in that screen.

Do you have the "Plus" suspension for yours? I know there was a P85+ and I think that was also offered on the P85D? If so that screen may be right.

Interesting. I haven't heard of someone having incorrect data in that screen.

Do you have the "Plus" suspension for yours? I know there was a P85+ and I think that was also offered on the P85D? If so that screen may be right.
My P85D is too new. The P85Ds equipped with the Plus suspension weren't built after around April 2015 and mine is a July build.

Build date April, 2019 or later, plus go to Additional Vehicle Information on center screen. These values should be among those observed:
Air Suspension type: Adaptive
Autopilot Computer: Full self-driving computer
Motor Type Front: Permanent Magnet
Motor Type Rear: Induction Large

Build date April, 2019 or later, plus go to Additional Vehicle Information on center screen. These values should be among those observed:
Air Suspension type: Adaptive
Autopilot Computer: Full self-driving computer
Motor Type Front: Permanent Magnet
Motor Type Rear: Induction Large
Sorry to drag up an old post. The late 2019 Model S Long Range I am looking at buying is showing:
Motor type front: Permanent Magnet
Motor type rear: Induction Small

Do I need to worry about the "small"?

Cheers