Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to setup Tesla app for free nights in Texas and suggestions of plans.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not sure about the ONCOR service area, but I would pick a plan that goes "free" at 8pm. Reliant has a plan that goes 8-6 which so far has been awesome for me. My monthly electric bill has been basically the connection charge over the past 5 months. This is with 2 PWs and an EV both charging at nights for free. Summer is around the corner so we'll see how all this holds up, but I can get through the entire day so far even through the stormy and very low production days lately where I'm producing less than 10 kWh for the day.. That's why the 8pm is important to charge the PWs up at the earliest opportunity.
Great info!
So you have the free nights with Reliant, and the only charge on your bill is the delivery charge? For Oncor the monthly delivery charge is $3.42. Just to confirm, you are not getting buyback credits. correct? Reliant Solar Buyback plan pays back 10cents/kwh, but it is not free nights.

Did anyone check Direct Energy. Free nights 9p-9a with free amazon prime. But they have the base charge of $9.95/month. $22.52/kwh for 9a-9p

More or less. Example below of my last weeks electricity cost. All my devices activate at 8pm which is when the free period starts. I think the transition period as my devices turn on is where I’m hit with fees. It’s so insignificant that I don’t bother, but maybe one day I’ll try and flip all my devices to turn on at 815 instead of 8:00. I pay $4.39 monthly plus the weekly charges. And free night plans usually don’t buy back. I spent a couple years on net metering plans and free nights are clearly better for me as I don’t over produce anywhere close enough to my real consumption especially with an EV.

Reliant app is pretty cool too:

Attachments

• IMG_9991.jpeg
    IMG_9991.jpeg
    128.6 KB · Views: 73
More or less. Example below of my last weeks electricity cost. All my devices activate at 8pm which is when the free period starts. I think the transition period as my devices turn on is where I’m hit with fees. It’s so insignificant that I don’t bother, but maybe one day I’ll try and flip all my devices to turn on at 815 instead of 8:00. I pay $4.39 monthly plus the weekly charges. And free night plans usually don’t buy back. I spent a couple years on net metering plans and free nights are clearly better for me as I don’t over produce anywhere close enough to my real consumption especially with an EV.

Reliant app is pretty cool too:
Very helpful. I appreciate you very much. I am convinced. I am going with Reliant. Although Amigo provides 3 cents buyback, they have a monthly $4.95 fee, and their app is very buggy. Also, their customer satisfaction is barely at 1.5/5.

I’m a huge fan of the plan. Check your PM. I sent you $50. Tip: I signed up for the degree of difference program once I was on board and that gives you another $50. I’ve been actually running on these two credits since I signed up so electricity still negative bills right now until I consume them. Love free !!! :).

Very helpful. I appreciate you very much. I am convinced. I am going with Reliant. Although Amigo provides 3 cents buyback, they have a monthly $4.95 fee, and their app is very buggy. Also, their customer satisfaction is barely at 1.5/5.
I’m using justenergy which is similar to amigo. Summer will be the true test.

Attachments

• IMG_3717.jpeg
    IMG_3717.jpeg
    120.6 KB · Views: 30
Reactions: niveknow