Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to contact Tesla about an account payment issue? [with premium connectivity charges]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

NedH

Feb 27, 2019
GA
I'm having an issue with my Premium Connectivity account credit card. My card was invalidated by my bank last month because of fraud activity and I was issued a new card. So I changed my card on my Tesla account to anther card, my debit card. My account on Tesla web site shows my new card working fine with charging activity going to my new card. But my $9.99 monthly connectivity charges are still going to my old credit card which is now no longer valid.

I can't find any way to contact Tesla about this on their web site.

How do people contact Tesla about account issues? Or for that matter how does someone contact Tesla about anything?

I dont think the card for charging activity and the card for premium connectivity are necessarily linked. Have you tried removing your old card from premium connectivity on your tesla account?

1. Log into Tesla website (tesla.com)
2. Click MANAGE link in picture of your vehicle to access page for your vehicle
3. Click DETAILS link underneath your vin number, which should be above the picture of your vehicle on this page
4. In the box that appears, underneath premium connectivity (which should have its renewal date), click MANAGE
5. Now inside of "MANAGE CONNECTIVITY PACKAGE" find the payment section, and click CHANGE

See if that works?

Update from the UK on my model 3.
My Dummies guide: go to your Tesla online account. On the dashboard area the third option is 'payment method' this is only for super charging and buying the car and other items. To renew or change the payment method for your premium connectivity that's in a different place...... Look to see the image of your car in the dashboard section and click the 'manage' button. This should open up and you should THEN see an option saying 'manage upgrades'. Tap on that and open up you should see premium connectivity with a 'manage' option. Open this link and you should be able to change the payment method here - do not assume if you are updating a card that it has come over by telepathy from the main dashboard - it does not. If you are overdue .... on the left-hand side of the screen you will see a subscribe button you ALSO need to click this to restart the automatic subscription, as well as putting in a new valid payment method.
There we go - so simple... Hmmmmmm