Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Getting bogus charges for premium connectivity?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was just on a road trip and I was using Wi-Fi to stream music while I was driving. I don’t have premium connectivity since the trial ended and I never have subscribed to it. There are two charges in my credit card bill labeled “premium connectivity“ each of them for $10.23 which seems like the monthly fee plus tax. They were charged several days apart only. I have to wonder if this is some bug where the car was billing me for trying to stream music or something crazy like that. I ended up canceling the credit card because I don’t want to be charged 20 some dollars a month , or even more often than that for something I don’t have. Has anyone ever had this happen lately?

I would dispute the charges with Tesla. No action you take in the car should indirectly subscribe you to Premium Connectivity. Sounds like a billing error on Tesla’s part.

If you log in to your Tesla account on the web, select Manage, then select the Documents section, you should see those invoices plus any others. That will give you details for those charges.