Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Slacker streaming with premium connectivity?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I bought a used 2018 Model S P100D and subscribed to premium connectivity (yearly plan). However, I'm not getting access to any music streaming. When I open the page, it asks for a Slacker username and password; there is a "use vehicle account" button, but it's grayed out.

My 2013 Model S with premium connectivity (lifetime) has always had Slacker streaming, without any additional account.

I've seen recommendations to try rebooting the computer, which I've done with no change. But then I found this on the Tesla website, which implies Slacker isn't part of premium connectivity. Has something changed?

streaming.png

This has happened to me randomly the last few weeks - listening to music on the drive out, and then when I get in for the drive home it tells me to log into Slacker and I can’t get any streaming at all. I fiddled with random attempts and finally the streaming options came back. I have never had a Slacker account, But I do have premium connectivity.

This has happened to me randomly the last few weeks - listening to music on the drive out, and then when I get in for the drive home it tells me to log into Slacker and I can’t get any streaming at all. I fiddled with random attempts and finally the streaming options came back. I have never had a Slacker account, But I do have premium connectivity.
Thanks. I'm hoping it will just start working.

Otherwise, since there's no way to contact Tesla to ask them a question, I'll have to schedule a service appointment...at the service center that's 3 hours away. (Hopefully that triggers some sort of review that will head off the need to physically take the car in.)

Well, I found there is a Tesla customer service number; they just don't put it on their website. With some Googling, it's 888-518-3752.

The person said it can take a week after purchasing premium connectivity to provision Slacker. I'm now at day 4 since purchase, so I'll give it some time.