Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How much more are the MYP Wheels/Tires worth vs Inductions?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I actually think lower. I think a number of MYP owners would to downgrade the wheels to 20" for the improved range, acceleration, and ride comfort. If I were going to guess, I think the Induction wheels are the sweet spot and actually the most valuable in the 2nd-hand market.

Reactions: chiefsmy
I don't know that the wheel quality of an Uberturbine would be worth that much more than an Induction wheel? The tires are likely to cost more though.

That said, there seems to be a flood of folks looking to trade their 21" Uberturbines for a set that is less harsh and prone to damage. There are plenty of folks trying to sell them at barely over $2k a set currently.

I don't know that the wheel quality of an Uberturbine would be worth that much more than an Induction wheel? The tires are likely to cost more though.

That said, there seems to be a flood of folks looking to trade their 21" Uberturbines for a set that is less harsh and prone to damage. There are plenty of folks trying to sell them at barely over $2k a set currently.
Is that just wheels, wheels + tires, or wheels, tires and TPMS?

Is that just wheels, wheels + tires, or wheels, tires and TPMS?

Wheels, tires, and TPMS.

I just sold a set for $2200 with the above. I got ZERO interest at anything over $2500. I had multiple people interested at $2000 exactly (along with a few low ball offers for like $1500). Ultimately was able to find a buyer at $2200. And that was basically for brand new Michelin AS tires.

Maybe around the summer time, more people will be looking for summer wheels? *shrug* I didn't want to chance it and have them set around the garage and hanging over my head for months. I valued a quicker transaction instead.

I believe it was a MYLR buyer that just wanted 21s for the summer.

I also just wanted a square setup with a more forgiving ride and cheaper tires down the road. I went with aftermarket 19s. Ended up paying out of pocket to replace 21s with 19s... but most importantly is that I have the set of wheels/tires that I want now.