Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Newbie/Rookie MYP Wheel replace question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello everyone! I'm a new Tesla owner (gray 2023 MYP) and I'm looking forward to being involved with this forum!

I'd be extremely grateful if someone here could help me with a very rookie question that I can't seem to find the answer to. I would like to replace the 21" Uberturbine wheels with something smaller, 19" or 20" while maintaining the Uberturbine look. I also need something that would fit the Cross Climate 2 tire. Does anyone have thoughts on this, and also regarding 19" vs 20". 21"s just aren't great for MI snowy winters.

Thanks in advance!

Eljay

Reactions: Noflash
Hello everyone! I'm a new Tesla owner (gray 2023 MYP) and I'm looking forward to being involved with this forum!

I'd be extremely grateful if someone here could help me with a very rookie question that I can't seem to find the answer to. I would like to replace the 21" Uberturbine wheels with something smaller, 19" or 20" while maintaining the Uberturbine look. I also need something that would fit the Cross Climate 2 tire. Does anyone have thoughts on this, and also regarding 19" vs 20". 21"s just aren't great for MI snowy winters.

Thanks in advance!

Eljay
This setup from TSportline checks most of what you are looking for, and it’s plug and play at delivery. They also have free shipping and 10% off until 2/29.

I am not affiliated with the store, just seeing a match on what you’re looking for.

I would get the 19x8.5 tho if using stock 255/45R19 tires to have some tire wall to protect the rim/wheel from curb rash. 255 wide tires on 19x9.5 don’t have much rubber over the rim like on the stock set up.

Or for a dedicated winter set-up, $2250 get u the Tesla 19 Gemini Winter set, delivered and installed. You can use many aftermarket wheel cover to have the Überturbine look.

Attachments

• IMG_0786.jpeg
    IMG_0786.jpeg
    252.2 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_0788.jpeg
    IMG_0788.jpeg
    482.4 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
Reactions: Noflash
This setup from TSportline checks most of what you are looking for, and it’s plug and play at delivery. They also have free shipping and 10% off until 2/29.

I am not affiliated with the store, just seeing a match on what you’re looking for.

I would get the 19x8.5 tho if using stock 255/45R19 tires to have some tire wall to protect the rim/wheel from curb rash. 255 wide tires on 19x9.5 don’t have much rubber over the rim like on the stock set up.

Or for a dedicated winter set-up, $2250 get u the Tesla 19 Gemini Winter set, delivered and installed. You can use many aftermarket wheel cover to have the Überturbine look.

I apologize for the amateur questions, but can you please help me to understand the "I would get the 19x8.5 tho if using stock 255/45R19 tires to have some tire wall to protect the rim/wheel from curb rash. 255 wide tires on 19x9.5 don’t have much rubber over the rim like on the stock set up." part? If the wheel is the same size (19in), then why does the width of the wheel (8.5 vs 9.5) impact how much side wall (rubber over the rim) I see?

If I use the wheel below, which tire size would I need for the 8.5in and which tire size would I need for the 9.5in? Totally new to this so appreciate the patience! :)

The Tsportline ones you suggested. 8.5in 19s. Just need a matching matte black center cap that looks identical to the Tesla one.
I bought the Tesla caps from TSportline. Perfect match. I tried Amazon caps and they were very poor quality.

This setup is exactly what RoBoRaT recommended. Quality is good. Tires are CCS2.

Attachments

• PXL_20231106_214155728.jpg
    PXL_20231106_214155728.jpg
    684.4 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
Reactions: RoBoRaT
I apologize for the amateur questions, but can you please help me to understand the "I would get the 19x8.5 tho if using stock 255/45R19 tires to have some tire wall to protect the rim/wheel from curb rash. 255 wide tires on 19x9.5 don’t have much rubber over the rim like on the stock set up." part? If the wheel is the same size (19in), then why does the width of the wheel (8.5 vs 9.5) impact how much side wall (rubber over the rim) I see?

If I use the wheel below, which tire size would I need for the 8.5in and which tire size would I need for the 9.5in? Totally new to this so appreciate the patience! :)

I am talking about the tire width over the width of the wheel. 255 mm width tire will have more tire to protect the edge of the 8.5 inch wide wheel than over 9.5 inch wide wheel.
TSportline have the correct 255 mm tire size for 9.5 in or 8.5 in wheel of your choosing.