Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How much money you have spent after took M3 home

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No right or wrong answers here. Just like everything in life, people like to spend money on things they like. Travel, food, clothes, and cars.....:). I have seen a lot of thread people spent money on PPF, ceramic, wheels, accessories. Just wondering what is the average money people spend after they get a car from Tesla. Maybe Tesla can offer those accessories and services themself so they can make more money :). Btw, I will not surprise if I see a number over $20,000. Again, nothing wrong with it, it's just people's priority on how to spend money on things they enjoy :). It would be very interesting to see the min and the max. I don't think I can predict the max, but I do think the min is $40 since I think everyone is buying screen protector first :)

probably $5000ish between new wheels/tires/brakes/ceramic tint/floor mats. The only people you are going to see spending a ton of money on their car are the ones who track them and have all the supporting gear for that. There's really not much you can do to these cars compared to ICE vehicles, so you'll see very few people in the $15-$20k range worth of upgrades.

$600 and change for a nice tint job, 35% 3M Ceramic IR and that's for heat-rejection too (save on that A/C power consumption). I also spent a few bucks on a Jeda spacer for my Tesla charging mat. Bought a few more detailing supplies too. I still plan to wrap my handles in a white wrap of some type, and may also chrome-delete the trim around the windows.

about 1500 for tint and front ppf in the first 2 weeks.
nothing else in 15 month.

Edit: I am spending some $ on washing/waxing/coating supplies, but those are used on all our cars, not just Tesla.

Edit2: + 14-50 adapter ($35) + 240V/60A outlet installation in my garage ($225).

Last edited:
Spent about $1,300 so far and I haven't even taken delivery of my M3P yet.... 12/13 can't get here soon enough. Will be spending another $5,000 on PPF and tint.

$5k on PPF sounds excessive to me unless you want to change your car color completely (to green, maybe). I have front only PPF and it helps to protect the car from damage while driving on highways. In 15 months I saw no damage or potential damage on any other part of the body. The only place of the car other than the hood/bumper/front fenders I would be watching paint is in the wheel arcs. Paint is visibly thinner in those places on my car.

but I do think the min is $40 since I think everyone is buying screen protector first :)

If you are talking about protecting the car's screen, I don't know why would you need to do that. We protect our cell phones because we carry them to many places where they can be easily scratched by something like keys in a pocket. Car's screen stays in one place and unless you have little children who tend to practice writing on laptops using kitchen knives, there is nothing really you need to protect the center screen from.

All in CAD. Bought some extra car stuff most people probably already have, as I haven't had a car in years.

- Winter Gemini Wheels $4700
- Floor Mats $190
- Rear Trunk Mat $105
- NEMA Adapter $44
- J1772 Adapter (that I didn't know comes with the car) $127
- 120V, 12 Gauge Extension cord $60

- Air Compressor/Tire Pump $37
- Interior Lighting Upgrades $30
- Emergency Lights $40
- Jack Pucks $60

- Tint $450
- PPF Front $1600
- Ceramic Coat $900
- SnapPlate $150 USD (heard the stock plate mount doesn't stick well to ceramic on PPF)
- Blacked out badges $100 USD

So far at about $8.6K over the car price. With most of that being the winter wheels, tint, PPF, and ceramic coating.

Maybe another $100-300 in small stuff I haven't yet thought of.

Last edited:
If you are talking about protecting the car's screen, I don't know why would you need to do that.

I was thinking of this option: https://www.amazon.ca/Version-Tesla-Model-Screen-Protector/dp/B078W5RBYB/ref=sr_1_11

Not so much for the scratch/impact protection, but for the matte layer that hides finger prints and reduces reflections. But I haven't made up my mind on it yet.

Don't usually put screen protectors on my phones either. Don't like the feel. But the one above is supposed to be tempered glass and feel nice.