Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

How many Roadsters will be produced?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The last 25 roadsters are in Menlo Park now with the very last 5 a special dual stripe in the front and rear of the car. Also more customizations are possible like the leather stitching color in red.

Picasa Web Albums - Maui Trip - Tesla visit 1...

I saw one of those in Menlo last weekend, but didn't take pictures because it hadn't been detailed yet.
(Didn't want to show it off dirty!)

But, what of these special colors they previewed a while back? :
Atomic Red:
photo1fn.jpg

Ion Blue:
photo2dl.jpg

Are your photos the actual version of the rendered colors (seen above) we saw before?
Somehow they don't seem quite as "outrageous" in real life...

I didn't do any color adjustment - definitely those colors rendered weren't the ones that I saw.

Yes the bulbs were just changed looks like -

Augie

I saw one of those in Menlo last weekend, but didn't take pictures because it hadn't been detailed yet.
(Didn't want to show it off dirty!)

But, what of these special colors they previewed a while back? :
Atomic Red:
photo1fn.jpg

Ion Blue:
photo2dl.jpg

Are your photos the actual version of the rendered colors (seen above) we saw before?
Somehow they don't seem quite as "outrageous" in real life...

Don't stripes usually go the whole way down the front/back to the bottom of the bumper? I think I'd like the stripes on these cars better if they went the whole way to the bottoms of the bumpers.
+1. I saw two of these cars in person in Menlo last week when I was dropping off my car for its annual. The short stripes look dumb. They should have gone the whole way like Cunningham did from the start.

Harsh criticism considering those are the last US, supposedly greatest, purportedly most expensive Roadsters ever made...
(Don't want to end on a down note.)

Hopefully whoever bought them is happy with them.

The truncated stripes look almost like they tried to maintain the line along the bottoms of the headlight fixtures ... except that they're squared off and don't match. If they'd aligned the bottom edges of the stripes with an arc that lined up with the bottoms of the headlight fixtures then I imagine they wouldn't look so awkward.

Maybe they only had a few yards of striping left and just cut it into 5 pieces and then tried to fit them on each of the cars as best they could :)

Last edited:
Canadian Roadster Count

There are now 56 Roadsters in Canada, and there are two Canadian vehicles left including the Toronto Demo car. (Although if someone really wanted one they could "convert" an American car.)

A Very Orange roadster was just delivered last week in Ottawa, making for a total of just four vehicles locally (although only the second one owned by an individual - one is owned by Transport Canada and one by Dymon Solar). As it happens, a friend of mine works with the new owner, so I'm hoping to be able to "meet" it and get a picture sometime.

That has to be the custom build cars still left.
I'm counting 11 cars in the online inventory of USA, another 19 one in Europe, 1 car left for Japan, 3 for Hong Kong and 2 for United Kingdom/Australia, makes a total of 36 cars.
5 of them are lightning greens (just for statistics).