Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How do I access my 2012 Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When you say "dead" do you really mean inactive? I doubt either is dead. Ok, you need to pop off the front plastic grill and connect a 12v battery to the exposed 12v terminals. Once you have power (you may need to wait up to 60 seconds), you should be able to use the FOB to open the frunk and get to the battery connections. Once the 12v battery is reconnected, it should allow the HV to start and start recharging the 12v battery. If the 12v battery is too far discharged, you may need to charge up the 12v battery (or replace it if dead).

I also wonder why isn't the body shop fixing this. Seems like they caused it and it must still be in their lot if the battery is disconnected.

When you say "dead" do you really mean inactive? I doubt either is dead. Ok, you need to pop off the front plastic grill and connect a 12v battery to the exposed 12v terminals. Once you have power (you may need to wait up to 60 seconds), you should be able to use the FOB to open the frunk and get to the battery connections. Once the 12v battery is reconnected, it should allow the HV to start and start recharging the 12v battery. If the 12v battery is too far discharged, you may need to charge up the 12v battery (or replace it if dead).

I also wonder why isn't the body shop fixing this. Seems like they caused it and it must still be in their lot if the battery is disconnected.
That's the problem, the exposed positive terminal is not connected to the battery circuit, and they probably missed connecting it while assembling the front of the car. Trying to find a solution for how to manually open the frunk.

Here is possible help, found it from here some time ago

189FF13B-DE09-4FEB-8E25-F0F77B8DFD43.jpeg

• Helpful
Reactions: pilotSteve
Short follow-up on my issue. Had to perform a "surgery" as per instructions seenon one of the Rich Rebuilts Utube videos. Had to drill the hole and use the telescopic camera to be able to hook up the secondary latch from inside the frunk compartment. All in all, appr. 45 min. operation.

Attachments

• View recent photos.png
    View recent photos.png
    225.9 KB · Views: 44
Reactions: chobra and KalJoMoS