Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hotels in Florida with Charging Stations

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I really like the map but recommendations are also good so, given that Orlando is a vacation destination, I'd be quite happy to see someone start a separate thread for hotel recommendations there. As soon as I have time I can go back through this thread and copy over Orlando specific recommendations.

Reactions: Cowby
I really like the map but recommendations are also good so, given that Orlando is a vacation destination, I'd be quite happy to see someone start a separate thread for hotel recommendations there. As soon as I have time I can go back through this thread and copy over Orlando specific recommendations.
Thanks, but can't we collect recommendations here as well? Otherwise I'll have to hunt through two threads to find new hotels with chargers.

Larry

Very ironic that a pop-up add for Intercontinental Hotels shows up periodically on the banner of the TMC Forum. The Intercontinental in Tampa doesn't have any charging capability. When I inquired/suggested to their facilities manager that they provide some (I was hoping in time for my first planned road trip in October for a meeting at One Urban Center where the hotel is) the reply was not particularly encouraging. "We've talked about it, but don't own our garage" End of story.

Maybe whoever handles advertising for the TMC site could contact Intercontinental Hotels corporate office & let them know that their ad dollars would be more effective on their target audience on the TMC Forum if they had EV chargers in their hotels. :smile:

The Don Cesar in St. Pete has 2 Chargepoint stations (30amp j1772 with 110 as well) located under the stairs between the 2 parking lots. You may need to speak with the valet or the front desk to have a non electric car moved out of the spot for you. It is conveniently located so often hotel vehicles are parked there.

Don CeSar Beach Hotel | St Pete Beach Hotel | Loews Hotels - Loews

Great thread Larry :)

Hey Larry,

It looks like te Don CeSar in St Pete didn't make it onto the map.

Larry, there is a charger in the parking garage shared by the Tampa Hilton Garden Hotel, Homewood Suites (and maybe one other hotel). The hotels are near the airport and identified as a Westshore Boulevard location although they are not directly on Westshore (they are on Avion). We were visiting Tampa before our Model S was delivered a couple of months ago and saw a Model S charging at a chatprging station on the first floor of the garage.. My recollection was that the charger was a Tesla charger. I don't know why it doesn't show up on any maps. Regards, Don from Jupiter

Larry, there is a charger in the parking garage shared by the Tampa Hilton Garden Hotel, Homewood Suites (and maybe one other hotel). The hotels are near the airport and identified as a Westshore Boulevard location although they are not directly on Westshore (they are on Avion). We were visiting Tampa before our Model S was delivered a couple of months ago and saw a Model S charging at a chatprging station on the first floor of the garage.. My recollection was that the charger was a Tesla charger. I don't know why it doesn't show up on any maps. Regards, Don from Jupiter

Hi Don,

Welcome to the forums and thanks for your information.

I've attempted to send an email to the Tampa Hilton Garden Hotel via their comments webpage to clarify what they have and why they aren't advertising it.

Larry

Hi, Larry,

I called the Hilton Garden (airport) West shore and they said that the charger is for hotel guests on a first come first served basis. Probably serves the adjoining hotel as well since they are both owned by Hilton.

Thanks Don,

I've made an initial contact with their corporate officies and on August 9th they said they were forwarding my detailed questions to the hotel management. Needless to say I haven't received a response yet. In particular I am interested in the type of charger since you indicated you thought it might be a Tesla connector.

Larry

Hi, Larry,

I called the Hilton Garden (airport) West shore and they said that the charger is for hotel guests on a first come first served basis. Probably serves the adjoining hotel as well since they are both owned by Hilton.

Don,

After repeated attempts to contact the hotel management I finally received a phone call this morning.

There is a Tesla connector in the parking garage, but it is a private charger for the owner of the hotel and not intended for the public.

It would be ill-advised to count on this charger when planning travel arrangements.

Larry

Last edited:
Don,

After repeated attempts to contact the hotel management I finally received a phone call this morning.

There is a Tesla charger in the parking garage, but it is a private charger for the owner of the hotel and not intended for the public.

It would be ill-advised to count on this charger when planning travel arrangements.

Larry

Wow, the hotel owner has a Tesla, but won't put some device in for the PAYING hotel guests to use. Think I'd find another hotel to stay at.

Speaking of Orlando, was here yesterday and saw the two charging stations:

EV Charging Location - Sheraton Vistana Village - Orlando, FL

And, where are all the Model S in Central Florida? Spent about a week in the Orlando-Cape Canaveral area - granted a few nights were on a cruise ship - but, had zero sightings!

Thanks.

There is also:
Sheraton Vistana Resort
8800 Vistana Centre Dr.
Orlando, FL 32821
(407) 239-3100
www.starwoodhotels.com

Map of Florida Hotels with Electric Charging Stations

Welcome to the Sunshine state.

In answer to your question we have 40 club members in our Central region, but I'm sure that there plenty others that haven't joined yet.

Larry

- - - Updated - - -

Hilton Orland Bonnet Creek
14100 Bonnet Creek Resort
Orlando, FL 32821

(407) 597-3600
www.hiltonbonnetcreek.com

Larry

Last edited:
Pink Shell Beach Resort & Marina
275 Estero Boulevard, Fort Myers Beach, FL. 33931 | (888) 222-7465888-222-7465

Club member Mark Herbst informs me that the Pink shell Beach Resort in Fort Myers has installed a NEMA 14-50 outlet behind a 50 amp breaker for use by EVs.

Here's a couple of photos.

Pink Shell Resort a.jpg

Pink Shell Resort b.jpg

Larry

The Breakers Hotel in West Palm Beach, Tesla Ready....

Stayed over night at The Breakers in West Palm Beach, pulled up to the Valet to check in and they asked if I would like them to charge up the car, I said sure and asked if they need any adapters. They said no, they have what they need for Teslas. They topped off the car from 160 to 233 miles before we were ready to head out to dinner. On my app it was charging at 20 MPH @ 30 amps. Now the car is up front next to the Phantom....

Florida Resorts: The Breakers Palm Beach Oceanfront Luxury Hotel Vacations

Larry