Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Lexington, VA - Hotel Drive

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

corywright

supercharge.info editor
Supporting Member
Jul 27, 2016
Richmond, VA
Earlier this week Leading-Edge Services, one of Tesla's contractors for Supercharger buildouts in Virginia, submitted a dig ticket for "INSTALLING EV CHARGING STATIONS" at a location few hundred yards from the original V2 Lexington, VA Supercharger. The development is for a new hotel and a Chick-Fil-A. While the dig ticket doesn't specifically mention Tesla, it's highly likely this is a Supercharger. The site is currently under construction, but it's not clear yet when the work on the EV chargers will begin.

I'm posting this in the existing Lexington, VA location until someone can verify that this work is indeed a new Supercharger being built. We can split the thread off into a new one once that is confirmed. The green pin on the map screenshot below is where it looks like they'd be located.

If @knockem is still around, will this hotel be another of yours?

new-lexingtonva-sc.png

Earlier this week Leading-Edge Services, one of Tesla's contractors for Supercharger buildouts in Virginia, submitted a dig ticket for "INSTALLING EV CHARGING STATIONS" at a location few hundred yards from the original V2 Lexington, VA Supercharger. The development is for a new hotel and a Chick-Fil-A. While the dig ticket doesn't specifically mention Tesla, it's highly likely this is a Supercharger. The site is currently under construction, but it's not clear yet when the work on the EV chargers will begin.

I'm posting this in the existing Lexington, VA location until someone can verify that this work is indeed a new Supercharger being built. We can split the thread off into a new one once that is confirmed. The green pin on the map screenshot below is where it looks like they'd be located.

If @knockem is still around, will this hotel be another of yours?

View attachment 997862
Interesting, especially if they don't shut down the V2 site. This would be the third metro area with 3 SC sites along I-81, along with Bristol TN/VA and Roanoke/Salem.

While the 6 chargers at the Hilton Hotel are V2 we stop there as it's just off I-64, and we usually plan that as our rest stop on our way to Maryland, so we would need a 30 to 40-minute stop anyway. When the weather is nice we sit at their outdoor patio area and eat lunch. But a new SCer along our I-64 route is icing on the cake.