Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Holiday on the Isle of Wight - first time using public charging points!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think it's polite to request whether it's ok to charge. When I stayed at San Airbnb in France, the charging turned out to be a domestic socket but it was fine.
They had no idea how much it would be or how it worked so I shared screen shots of my charging data and I asked them to get the rate off the bill.
They were more surprised at my insistence to pay I think.

I think it's polite to request whether it's ok to charge. When I stayed at San Airbnb in France, the charging turned out to be a domestic socket but it was fine.
They had no idea how much it would be or how it worked so I shared screen shots of my charging data and I asked them to get the rate off the bill.
They were more surprised at my insistence to pay I think.
That's absolutely the right thing to do.
However I must say that sometimes when I spend 2000 euro / week for a house on AirBnB, the c.20 euros of charging costs I could have incurred the owner (assuming one+ full cycle at 30p) was more or less included in that. So I must admit I don't always bother... I'm not asking for a discount for not having used the oven or the clothes dryer either...

At any rate, as OP said, better to ask for forgiveness that permission. I will not request in advance if I can use a domestic socket, I just will, after of course careful consideration of the state of said socket, and adjusting Amps at the lowest setting to prevent any kind of damage. And I only use adaptors from toughleads.

But getting a straight on refusal to charge my car, often based on irrational fears or ignorance from the owners, especially if I'm in a remote location with little or no public charging for miles, I'm not taking that chance...

Reactions: UkNorthampton