Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Slowest public charger you’ve used?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Vostok

Jul 1, 2017
Sydney
Yesterday I happened to be in Marrickville at the Addison Road Centre and noticed a free Everty charger there. So I thought I’d give it a try, just for the heck of it.

There are two AC units and a solar canopy, right next to an Egyptian street food truck, so a good setup. I had to download the App of course, and it’s BYO cable, but it worked fine.

What was rather confounding is it charges at 1.4 kW. No I am not making that up. 6 Amps single phase is all you get, or a whopping 8 km of range per hour.

I wasn’t there for long, and when I got back to my car, opened the door, and the AC came on, it used up all the power that had just been put into the car. 0 km added.

Is this Australia’s slowest public charger?

Isn’t 6a single phase the lowest the car will accept? If so the charger will be the slowest, but it may share that position with another somewhere

5A is the minimum settable in the App or on the console, but via the Tesla API, it can be set even lower (although I‘ve never tried it). People with smart solar excess EV chargers report the cars can be dialled down to 1A if that’s all the excess solar there is.

Yesterday I happened to be in Marrickville at the Addison Road Centre and noticed a free Everty charger there. So I thought I’d give it a try, just for the heck of it.

There are two AC units and a solar canopy, right next to an Egyptian street food truck, so a good setup. I had to download the App of course, and it’s BYO cable, but it worked fine.

What was rather confounding is it charges at 1.4 kW. No I am not making that up. 6 Amps single phase is all you get, or a whopping 8 km of range per hour.

I wasn’t there for long, and when I got back to my car, opened the door, and the AC came on, it used up all the power that had just been put into the car. 0 km added.

Is this Australia’s slowest public charger?
Yea, but it was free! 😂

I get free 120v 15a charging in my hangar. Not worth my time to remove my mobile charger from the bag, unless I’m going to be gone overnight.

• Funny
Reactions: Jules22
If I recall that was one of the first public chargers in that area (back in 2020 or so) but they had issues with it tripping breakers when in use,so they reduced the amperage.

Unsurprisingly barely gets used these days - much quicker options around the area.