Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hold map in one spot

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, Jalapeener is right- You can freeze and adjust the map by creating a marker (the teardrop icon) on ANY place on the map, then zoom to adjust your view. Writing this on 4August2023 so who knows if they'll torpedo this in the future...
Still, there should be a simple button to freeze the map.

Yeah, that's the trick I've been using since reading this thread. But needing to do this on a 50k+ car is just wrong. Just allow us to disable dynamic zooming. Most if not all of Tesla's "We know better" features turn out to be just crap. It really feels like the coders don't actual use the features. Or they just want to be different for being different.

When in NAV mode .. the screen Zooms OUT so it can show the whole route. I see my whole state (CT) but I cannot see any of the turns in my immediate future. Also a message box with my ETA I think .. covers the immediate future. PLEASE add some user settings so NAV is useful !
I also like to avoid highways so Tesla Nav is not doing it for me.

Reactions: Watts_Up
There are different displays options, there is one with a kind of 'S' arrow who seems to stays up longer
but I think the map constantly rotate when driving, as I prefer keeping the north presentation.

Otherwise, when I a looking at a particular area and don't want to miss or making a wrong turn,
after zooming the map, I keep my finfger on the display while driving for few blocks.

Someone in fact sold a type of clothespin on e-Bay with on end using the type of gloves with a material
allowing you to swipe on a touchscreen with your winter gloves on.

Last edited:
When in NAV mode .. the screen Zooms OUT so it can show the whole route. I see my whole state (CT) but I cannot see any of the turns in my immediate future. Also a message box with my ETA I think .. covers the immediate future. PLEASE add some user settings so NAV is useful !
I also like to avoid highways so Tesla Nav is not doing it for me.
You are looking at the entire trip view it seems. Click on the top turn card or just grab the bottom of the turn-by-turn and pull it up. That will collapse the turn-by-turn and only then see the upcoming road.

To get off of the highways, add some route points that force it to stay off.

You are looking at the entire trip view it seems. Click on the top turn card or just grab the bottom of the turn-by-turn and pull it up. That will collapse the turn-by-turn and only then see the upcoming road.

To get off of the highways, add some route points that force it to stay off.
THANK YOU ! In fact if I just tap the top, gray 2"x3" of the "turn instructions" the rest collapses, and map no longer shows whole trip .. Much Better .. Thanks (still hope Tesla updates to allow "avoid highways")

Reactions: ewoodrick