Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Hi Everybody

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

First off I really want to say that I have read many of the older threads here and you all have created a superior forum. I have been over at an Infiniti owners forum where I am a technical moderator for several years now and thought they had a useful layout but kudos to the admins here.

I'm a Master Infiniti technician from Virginia. Recently I heard that Tesla was planning on opening a facility in DC sometime in the near future and my ears perked up.

As a long time car nut and serious tech geek I have followed the progression of the electric car since I was in auto shop class in high school. Although I know Nissans like the back of my hand I think the leaf is going to miss the mark as the mass market electric car of the future. Not requiring a significant investment for the charger and not being a total first gives Tesla an underdogs advantage.

I look forward to participating here and getting to know some of the other like minded Tesla fans.

Am I the only one that thinks it is kind of funny to see a Tesla dealer in Menlo Park CA?

Cheers

Heh, I grew up around here, so this is the only Menlo Park I knew for most of my life - on the border with Stanford and Palo Alto, home of Xerox PARC - and now with assembly up in Palo Alto (jut a few blocks from where I grew up), it's just fantastic. The future being built where the future is invented ;-).

Thanks for the greetings,

The FX has always been my favorite. My next vehicle would be an FX50s, well if the stars were to align.

Infiniti never seemed to expect the response they received with that shiny chrome sports coupe. 600 theoretical horsepower would be ideal, but they are so overly cautious that any Essence to make it to market would be much more realistic. Their idea to use an electric motor in conjunction with a direct inject VQ35 and a variable clutch will be out next year and it is fairly anticipated as it will debut their in house technology in stead of Toyotas Synergy used in the Altima.

Infiniti is also working on a fancy Leaf. I'm personally rooting for the Model S.

I bet Menlo Park in CA is beautiful, I was making a geeky joke. Edison lived in Menlo Park NJ.

Last edited: