Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hawaii Tesla Showroom

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There's no way that we will lose the service center. They're overwhelmed as it is. If anything, they need to consider another service center considering the growth in numbers of Tesla's on the road and many more to come (Model Y will be even bigger than Model 3 and the truck probably equal to that). I do think it will make sense to lose one of the showrooms, however. Which one will likely matter on rent. IMP showroom is Kalakaua Avenue facing in the primest of prime spots in Waikiki, so that can't be cheap. They had trouble filling the spaces when they opened and were giving big incentives to the more premium tenants there. My guess is as this phases out and they have to start paying full rent, they will decide to leave. I wonder what they will do with all of the Tesla chargers when they leave (AMC or IMP)

Ala Moana store is probably more $$$$. I heard kiosks alone on the mall level are $10k+ per month. Am wondering about the chargers too.

I don't expect IMP to keep the chargers but it would be cool if they did.

Am sure the are probably attached to the IMP lease, but since Tesla has said they want to increase the number of destination chargers here, they should try to keep them. They are still an incentive for Tesla owners to go to IMP even if there isn't a store there anymore so it benefits the shopping center.

Reactions: cantbechanged
Am sure the are probably attached to the IMP lease, but since Tesla has said they want to increase the number of destination chargers here, they should try to keep them. They are still an incentive for Tesla owners to go to IMP even if there isn't a store there anymore so it benefits the shopping center.

There’s like 6 Tesla specific chargers so it would be super nice if they let the employees that own Tesla’s charge here

Reactions: nanimac
Just read the comments to the Star Advertiser article yesterday about IMP closing...these comments are always entertaining...shows how the "less informed" and non-Tesla geeks view Tesla. To be fair, there were some comments from more informed people but not posting those to show how probably the majority of the public sees Tesla.

I'm not really sold on Tesla. It's a $50,000+ car that, like most cars, will probably be great the first few years but eventually, it will need repairs. Now, the company doesn't seem too stable so if it goes under, then in a few years, I'm going to own the most expensive paperweight ever!

Even with government subsidies Tesla is having a rough time. In Hawaii a Tesla car runs on coal and oil.

Lot's of talk about Tesla's intro into China. But be forewarned Mercedes and Audi, etal. have their infrastructure already built in and introducing their EV's. There are also a many of China EV start ups going after the masses.

I was around when many joined in on the DeLorean cult and sadly it went by the wayside. It is interesting to see those who belong to the Tesla cult...

Looks like there's a ton of foolish treehugger hawaii buyers that got suckered into the tesla exit scheme. Nowhere to service these expensive lemons except for a crackpot mechanic that wont know how to service the vehicle properly.

LOL.
You don't know anything about them do you.
Yet you comment.
Is that what you do for everything else here?

Let me guess, you drive some old Ford.

awahana, what car do you drive?

I believe the essence of bobbob Comment was referring to the servicing of the Tesla and the restrictions that will be placed on "unauthorized" servicing of same.

You have no choice.

Thank you, someone gets it. One of the reasons for the dealerships is because they provide the servicing, certified mechanics, etc. Additionally most manufacturers dont want you service/repair your car by some rando in kalihi and void your warranty if you do so. Also additionally, this is a niche electric vehicle, not some 1990 toyota celica that a backyard mechanic can fix.

Are you going to have to pick it up at the Pier, batteries not included?

Beginning of the end, larger car makers stepping into that electronic arena running over the smaller guys....

This wasn't a "store" anyway, it was more like a display. All I could think about when I walked by was, no wonder these cars are so expensive, somebody gotta pay for this store. Poor idea from the get go.

The IMP gallery was placed as a favor to the developer, who was the one who approached Tesla retail management, as Tesla stores increase the $/sq ft of any mall that they are in, for obvious reasons. A car is a sale bigger than any designer bag, or jewelry even.

And the developer already had many Tesla stores in other cities, so he knew he wanted the metrics to look impressive at IMP also.

If you read shopping center news releases, this is not a secret.

While wife and I were on our City Hike was did make our way to the Tesla IMP showroom. It's was rather impressive.

However, after some research the metrics were not compelling enough to warrant a consideration to purchase.

Perhaps what was a real concern was when I approached our Property Manager to grant us an approval to install a charging station (you are supposed to be accommodated to install and remove on your dime). Basically the demands that would be placed on our internal grid would not / could not support. I did approach Tesla to reach out and confirm / collaborate with Property Management....nothing.

Well based upon driving demands a ICE (internal combustion engine) isn't all that bad.