Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Washington DC area Tesla Solar Roof and Powerwall Battery Storage

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Obviously new to the forums and I have used the search function extensively, but I cannot find any sort of regional solar installation sorting. Anyway, I am looking to start a new roof installation in 6 months in Washington DC. I simply cannot find any information out about Tesla work already in the DC area. I have been to the showroom in Montgomery Mall and they simply take an email address and say that someone will contact me (they never do). But before I even have an estimator show up at the house, does anybody know of an installation I can drive by in the DMV. Just to see it from the outside. And if you know of a write up here, that would be even better, but I have searched here pretty thoroughly.

OP, there are a few regular members here who have solar roofs and have chronicled their install somewhere online. I dont think they are in your area, but in addition to @trautmane2 above, I believe @jboy210 and @aesculus may have walkthroughs of their install with pictures they shared here.

I will apologize in advance for any other regular members who have solar roofs I am not mentioning above, its not on purpose, I am just going off whats on top of mind when I post this.

I'm in Montgomery County, MD.

9/27/23 Ordered
10/2/23 Received Tesla design
10/3/23 Accepted Tesla design
10/13/23 Site Assessment

After the site assessment, they sent me a new design. I'm trying to see if they can more panels to it. It's currently 13.365 kW panels, 2 Powerwalls,

I spoke to the guy who did the site assessment. He said he's a Tesla employee and Tesla employees will do the installation.

We are in the Tysons Corner area if you any questions. We had our system installed in March 2021. The Tesla Energy solar roof installers are based out of MD and are a good group to work with. On the other hand, the subcontracts they used at the time to tear down the old roof were not so great (left loose nails around our swing set, destroyed trim and siding on areas next to where roof was to be installed, and made a few other mistakes we have had to patch up after the fact).

Also, we recently had some maintenance work performed by Tesla Energy. The technician mentioned that Tesla is scaling back on new installs and starting to hand things over to 3rd party “Tesla Certified Installers.”

When you are ready to get quotes, you may want to check with both Tesla Energy and American Home Contractors (The Best Tesla Solar Roof company In Maryland, Virginia, & Pennsylvania), which is the local certified installer of solar roofs.

tesla solar roof.jpeg

Reactions: Grayson73