Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hawaii Tesla Model S accessories

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nigel..... stop tempting me to spend more money :tongue:

If you can find the right person (or DIY like WeazL) then IMO it's one of the best after market investments. The cost for me was not much more than 2 detailing jobs, and I have my Roadster professionally detailed probably 3-4 times per year on average so there's actually a payback amortization going on where my car needs a lot less detailing.

Yes, that's where I bought the Opti-Coat. He had no suggestions for installers.

- - - Updated - - -

Shea's Luxury Detail has provided me pricing and a club discount. I will post the pricing in the groups section so as to respect their business and not post it publicly.

Just in case some of you haven't heard through the other topics on the main site, Tesla sent out an email to those on the center console waitlist with an update and pricing. The "discounted" price for those who signed up for the waitlist is $600-$800 depending on your choice of the trim color. Piano is the cheapest, the obeche choices are $650 and the Carbon fiber is $800. Price includes your choice of one phone dock, either iPhone 5 or micro-USB.

They're starting at the top of the waitlist with anticipated ship dates of January/Feb 2014. I'm undecided.....

Just in case some of you haven't heard through the other topics on the main site, Tesla sent out an email to those on the center console waitlist with an update and pricing. The "discounted" price for those who signed up for the waitlist is $600-$800 depending on your choice of the trim color. Piano is the cheapest, the obeche choices are $650 and the Carbon fiber is $800. Price includes your choice of one phone dock, either iPhone 5 or micro-USB.

They're starting at the top of the waitlist with anticipated ship dates of January/Feb 2014. I'm undecided.....

Surprisingly cheaper than expected.

Yeah, I thought the same thing too at first. When I first got my MS, I was anxious to get the CC, since I can't stand the cupholders in the armrest, and everything was rolling around between the seats. After a few months, I've gotten used to it, and I'm struggling with paying $650 just to get cupholders.

I know, my mother (who is the primary driver of the Tesla (though my dad has taken a liking to it over his Lexus ISF these days, lol)) originally hated the center open area but now likes it and requested to be taken off the wait list for the center console.

I sometimes wonder if this reflects Elon's sneakiness - get us used to his design aesthetic and delay the introduction of the add on center console to see if people decide later if they really need/want it.

I know, my mother (who is the primary driver of the Tesla (though my dad has taken a liking to it over his Lexus ISF these days, lol)) originally hated the center open area but now likes it and requested to be taken off the wait list for the center console.

I sometimes wonder if this reflects Elon's sneakiness - get us used to his design aesthetic and delay the introduction of the add on center console to see if people decide later if they really need/want it.

I agree. I've gotten used to the openness of the lack of a center console and rather like it. It keeps me from cluttering up the car. The cup holders could be better though.

I like the openness as well. My wife likes the openness of the space for her purse. And when my kids have breakfast on the way to school, I put their empty plates in that area, as well as my yogurt cup for my breakfast at work. I do agree that the cup holders could be better. I did buy a small organizer that fits forward of the space that I can put an extra bottle in so that I can keep the armrest forward when I am driving.

I like the openness as well. My wife likes the openness of the space for her purse. And when my kids have breakfast on the way to school, I put their empty plates in that area, as well as my yogurt cup for my breakfast at work. I do agree that the cup holders could be better. I did buy a small organizer that fits forward of the space that I can put an extra bottle in so that I can keep the armrest forward when I am driving.

Could you post a pic of your organizer, if you don't mind? I've been thinking about doing something similar, but I haven't found one I liked yet.

Could you post a pic of your organizer, if you don't mind? I've been thinking about doing something similar, but I haven't found one I liked yet.

Here is the ad on Amazon. Very simple. I used Velcro to hold it down so that I won't slide. I hold the charging adapter and a power inverter along with cables. I place it sideways under the center console and there is enough room to hold a good size cut. And the side pocket is great for holding parking tickets. It is narrow enough to fit a microfiber towel.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 285
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 469
Last edited:
I got the red S and black Tesla letter decals for the back of my car from the guy who sells the center T caps on the forum. Really easy to apply..here's before and after pics.

BTW..had 22PLE applied to the back of my car on Friday at Shea's...hence the deep glossy look :smile:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    829.4 KB · Views: 253
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    725.9 KB · Views: 216
Last edited:
Nice license plate!

I had Shea apply the PLE to the parts of my car that don't have the paint film on it which is the back of the car, half hood, and top trims. I was worried it would look uneven, but with a good detail..it looks great!

So glad that Nanimac turned her "s" into a red color. It would be most embarrassing for her to come out of a store at Ala Moana someday and see me standing next to her car, pushing my FOB and getting no results. Now I stand a really good chance of not making that mistake. BTW, Nanimac, if you're ever surprised to see a furry black dog in the backseat of your car someday, it probably means it's actually my car and yours is nearby. ; )

The black letters really make the "Tesla" stand out. I might have to copy that.

I got the red S and black Tesla letter decals for the back of my car from the guy who sells the center T caps on the forum. Really easy to apply..here's before and after pics.

BTW..had 22PLE applied to the back of my car on Friday at Shea's...hence the deep glossy look :smile:

nanimac,

It looks good. I too opted for the black lettering and the center T on the wheels. And the red S makes the bold statement. I am still waiting to apply the Opticoat to my car.