Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hawaii Tesla - Fun and Interesting Stories -

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This falls into the "interesting":

I was driving around today and after getting in and driving about a mile and a half, the A/V system and touch screen display automatically restarted themselves--while I was driving, and without warning. A bit bizarre. Still on v5.0...anyone else have this happen unexpectedly?

This falls into the "interesting":

I was driving around today and after getting in and driving about a mile and a half, the A/V system and touch screen display automatically restarted themselves--while I was driving, and without warning. A bit bizarre. Still on v5.0...anyone else have this happen unexpectedly?

Probably a crash. Happens infrequently.

The random crashes/reboots happened to me several times when I first got my MS. Was worried and emailed Luke/SC/Ownership team a few times, but it stopped recurring and I decided not to pursue it further. I discovered through trial and error that the MS computer doesn't seem to like indexing the 8,000+ music files on my 64GB flash drive and appears to have been the source of my problems. I've since downgraded :crying: to a smaller flash drive with less files and everything seems to be working fine.

I got pulled over this morning in the zipper lane on Nimitz. Cops were ticketing single-passenger vehicles. I pulled over...thinking I forgot to pull out my license plate after washing my car.. The cop ticketing the car I pulled up behind looked down at my front bumper..then yelled to the other cop "It's electric!" The cop who had pulled me over then came to my window and was very apologetic :biggrin: Of course, I ended up being 5 minutes late to my meeting I was trying to get to so am going to complain to HPD :tongue:

I got pulled over this morning in the zipper lane on Nimitz. Cops were ticketing single-passenger vehicles. I pulled over...thinking I forgot to pull out my license plate after washing my car.. The cop ticketing the car I pulled up behind looked down at my front bumper..then yelled to the other cop "It's electric!" The cop who had pulled me over then came to my window and was very apologetic :biggrin: Of course, I ended up being 5 minutes late to my meeting I was trying to get to so am going to complain to HPD :tongue:

Ha! Sorry that happened to you. I always think it's gonna happen to me one day when coming in from Hawaii Kai on the HOV lane but it hasn't yet. There are a ton of Teslas in Hawaii Kai though so maybe they all know already on this side.

they knew it was electric all the time. They just wanted to see your smiling face:biggrin: (or did they just want to check out the car).

Ha! Sorry that happened to you. I always think it's gonna happen to me one day when coming in from Hawaii Kai on the HOV lane but it hasn't yet. There are a ton of Teslas in Hawaii Kai though so maybe they all know already on this side.

I remember when one Solo Bike shadowed me when I was in the HOV lane. thought he was going to pull me over, but ended up checking out the 17" screen from his perch.

- - - Updated - - -

Nanimac, here is a new Bumper sticker for you.:redface:
HOV.png

they knew it was electric all the time. They just wanted to see your smiling face:biggrin: (or did they just want to check out the car).

I remember when one Solo Bike shadowed me when I was in the HOV lane. thought he was going to pull me over, but ended up checking out the 17" screen from his perch.

- - - Updated - - -

Nanimac, here is a new Bumper sticker for you.:redface:
View attachment 37425

You need to add "It's Electric!"

Jeffdhood, Glad to hear the Tesla is so efficient on that mountainous route.

Here on Oahu, I find that my efficiency on the H-3 is not much different than level ground but I pay a mileage penalty for the Pali Hwy. I suspect the difference is steeper grade and more curves on the Pali. The cool thing about the Pali Hwy, though, is that I arrival home on the far side of Kailua with the same miles remaining as I saw at the top of the Pali.