Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Have you reserved your Model S or do you plan on it?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I actually had a chance to play with the Karma and its touch screen, it does have this feature. There has been no mention of the haptic touch screen in the past 2 years from Tesla.

The Karma uses a Visteon Haptic Feedback display:

Visteon Corporation: Haptic Feedback Touch Display

You have it reversed Fisker has implemented Haptic feedback in the Karma, but it is unknown if Tesla will have this feature. The last mention was 2 years ago and they have been very quiet on the subject.

First Drive: 2012 Fisker Karma Autoblog

"Primary sight stealers are the driver instrument cluster and standard 10.2-inch haptic touchscreen of the Fisker Command Center onboard diagnostics/climate/entertainment/navigation unit created with Visteon."

That's a one sentence blurb, just a pr blurb, where's the feed back on usability? where are any actual live shots of the screen? where is the video? the proof is in the pudding and it sure isn't in the Karma which is in "production". Show me a real photo of it working, or a video.

The live shots I've seen seem to be heavily edited in regards to screen..

The Model S has Video of it working 2 years ago, that's proof, enough. Show me the proof.

Last edited:
here in quebec i am paying $0.0539 / kWh for the first 30 kWh per day and then it goes to $0.0751 / kWh which i'm sure i'll be charging the tesla s @ next year unless i can get onto the net metering program Hydro Quebec has and install a pv array. The thing is that, because Quebec Hydro's rates seem lower than elsewhere, the period for pay back of the pv array is longer.

That's a one sentence blurb, just a pr blurb, where's the feed back on usability? where are any actual live shots of the screen? where is the video? the proof is in the pudding and it sure isn't in the Karma which is in "production". Show me a real photo of it working, or a video.

The live shots I've seen seem to be heavily edited in regards to screen..

The Model S has Video of it working 2 years ago, that's proof, enough. Show me the proof.

LOL!!! I have sat in a Karma and used the touchscreen. If you think Fisker is lying to consumers and is forcing the auto press to write fake stories about the functionality of their information display, and that I am lying that is indeed a haptic system then there is no helping you. Anything I show you will be met with conjecture.

electricity is really cheap in america. but with the low profit, how is the grid stability? the minimum we have to pay in germany is €0.16 low, €0.26 high or €0.22 flat. We have to pay almost 4 times as you do.

Grid stability in the US is really pretty good (very reliable). I don't know of any utilities having to resort to Rolling blackouts (brown outs) due to capacity issues. We lose power generally with major weather issues (ice storms that take down power lines or momentary loss due to lightning strikes, etc). But these outages are usually very short lived. Most of the country has sufficient capacity and reserves to keep costs low and reliability up. Those areas lacking capacity are able to buy excess from surrounding utilities. Its not so much a low profit, but low operating and fuel costs. I wonder how much of your power in Germany is tax and how much is actual cost of production and distribution. The cost and reliability in Germany may change now that they want to shut down 8 Nuclear reactors this year and have the balance shut down by 2022. Germany is approximately 23% Nuke, replacement power will be much more expensive if you don't have replacement capacity already being built (you'll probably buy power from France at a premium, France is almost 80% Nuke:biggrin: )

Last edited:
I work at home and run the A/C all day long, along with about ten computers/servers running 24/7. Switching to time-of-use would *increase* my bill. I don't want to go into the personal details of it, but my housing situation does not allow for solar. I'm in billing tier 5 if that means anything to you guys.

I've read that for example PG&E has a plan where the EV goes on a separate meter with its own baseline, but don't know if that allows using time-of-use only on the EV meter.

I've read that for example PG&E has a plan where the EV goes on a separate meter with its own baseline, but don't know if that allows using time-of-use only on the EV meter.

Yes, in No. CA it's called E9B. The E9A is everything on the TOU meter, the E9B is simply an additional TOU meter that only supports the car charger. So, your existing rates stay for your existing usage. There are installation costs involved, of course.

So have you already reserved your Model S and if not do you plan on doing so?

I made my reservation in February of 2010 and was assigned production #1649. Whether I back out will depend primarily on what the stock market does in the next year, and on how much of the charging infrastructure (especially rapid charging with Tesla Model S compatibility) has been completed before I have to make my final decision.