Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Grey leather photos?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm just got my final paper work. I've got a P pearl white paint with grey interior coming soon. I also was expecting tan piping as shown on the design page, but the paper work says piping will be white. That was a very pleasant surprise! The photos above are the first I've seen of the white piping and it looks great!! I'm excited!

I had requests for photos showing the pearl white exterior with the gray leather interior. Somewhat rushed so they're nothing special, but they should give a reasonable impression of how the pair look. The trim is gloss Obeche, and the ceiling liner only comes in the one color regardless of the rest of your choices:

IMG_3486.jpg

IMG_3487.jpg

IMG_3488.jpg

IMG_3489.jpg

(The red reflection in this shot is the coat I was wearing earlier.)

IMG_3490.jpg

That piping is not white...The flash is making it look white. The good news is, in reality, it's actually a cream color, which matches the head liner fabric perfectly :)

the white piping on the seats matching the exterior is just too much awesome for me to deal with....

- - - Updated - - -

The white with grey leather looks really sharp...I'm a big fan of the white car, but it is so impractical for the East Coast. And your gloss Obeche does look great with the grey leather :)

I had requests for photos showing the pearl white exterior with the gray leather interior. Somewhat rushed so they're nothing special, but they should give a reasonable impression of how the pair look. The trim is gloss Obeche, and the ceiling liner only comes in the one color regardless of the rest of your choices:

View attachment 13857

That piping is not white...The flash is making it look white. The good news is, in reality, it's actually a cream color, which matches the head liner fabric perfectly :)

So does anybody have a picture of the grey (sans flash) so the piping looks it's more correct neutral color? If it matches the headliner, that might be nice. I'm curious if it is sporty looking (like the black/red) or more classy (like the tan/black), or...

I am thinking Grey (or Blue) exterior with Grey interior...

As a matter of fact, I do...I posted them yesterday, in a seperate thread...The first four photos show the grey leather dash and matte Obeche wood, and the last two show the seat with piping, and the head liner:

Photos of the Grey interior with matte Obeche

Overall, I think that the grey leather looks great with the head liner, way better than the tan. I have the matte Obeche wood trim, but grey would look great with the gloss Obeche or carbon fiber (and, technically, the piano black too, although I think that looks very cheap).

And, I have the blue paint, and I love the way it looks with the grey interior...I'm very happy with my selections, but Grey was my second choice, and the photos I've seen of it look gorgeous...I just didn't want grey inside and outside, although it would look nice...I just wanted more contrast.

So does anybody have a picture of the grey (sans flash) so the piping looks it's more correct neutral color? If it matches the headliner, that might be nice. I'm curious if it is sporty looking (like the black/red) or more classy (like the tan/black), or...

I am thinking Grey (or Blue) exterior with Grey interior...

So does anybody have a picture of the grey (sans flash) so the piping looks it's more correct neutral color?

That's curious – none of my photos have been taken with a flash. They're all in natural lighting, with partial shade from trees. White balance is always a tricky affair, admittedly, so I'll try to dig up a proper photographic grey card and take more this coming weekend for reference.

I think they were referring to the photos further above (reply #11) of the grey leather with the carbon fiber trim...Those are clearly taken with flash, and it distorts the colors, specifically the color of the piping. Don't sweat it, you're good :)

That's curious – none of my photos have been taken with a flash. They're all in natural lighting, with partial shade from trees. White balance is always a tricky affair, admittedly, so I'll try to dig up a proper photographic grey card and take more this coming weekend for reference.

I'm fond of my grey, grey, grey combo (paint, interior, wheels). I think I'm going to call it the Grey Ghost.

Any concerns about the grey interior showing the wear worse than black? I was at the Menlo Park store yesterday and the rep was encouraging me to get a black interior..."more functional and won't wear as bad". I have a black interior in my current car and it is really boring.

Any concerns about the grey interior showing the wear worse than black? I was at the Menlo Park store yesterday and the rep was encouraging me to get a black interior..."more functional and won't wear as bad". I have a black interior in my current car and it is really boring.

I ordered grey. It's likely to show dirt less than the black. I don't know of any reason why the grey would wear[out] faster. Both leathers will likely wear out much faster than the textile seats but I didn't want black and I did want the heated seats (but not the price increase).

I liked the look of the black just fine. I just can't imagine having a black interior here in the summer! Especially without seat ventilation, which is another luxury that Tesla might want to consider adding in the future.