Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Great timing Stock market! Model X buzz kill.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm not complaining but am I the only one who thinks this latest stock/Oil plunge makes getting an X a bit of a buzz kill? Sh*t! It was already a bit hard to justify selling my already awesome Model S and paying double for an X but now that my car is on its way soon and the market is flopping (No big surprise) I'm having some second thoughts... It was never a rational decision anyway but this is getting a little bit nuts even to someone crazy like me. lol...

I'm not complaining but am I the only one who thinks this latest stock/Oil plunge makes getting an X a bit of a buzz kill? Sh*t! It was already a bit hard to justify selling my already awesome Model S and paying double for an X but now that my car is on its way soon and the market is flopping (No big surprise) I'm having some second thoughts... It was never a rational decision anyway but this is getting a little bit nuts even to someone crazy like me. lol...

This purchase is *very* hard to justify on a purely cost basis. Oil price fluctuations make that almost impossible.

You're already committed -- don't sweat the small stuff and enjoy your car!

Although I do like the idea of not having to pay for gas...there are far more important reasons for the X
I love not having to go to the gas station anymore...and breathe those noxious fumes
I love the reduced environmental impact...and not creating those noxious fumes
I love the instant acceleration electric motors provide
I love the reduced maintenance a non-ICE provides
I love the X

Personally, while it's nice to save on gas, the big selling points of the X for me are:

- Best-driving SUV in history
- Huge convenience of home charging
- Tackles global warming
- Cuts air pollution
- Provides key part of energy independence
- Can drive on sunshine
- Those wicked awesome falcon-wing doors
- That supersplendulous windshield
- Super comfy seating for up to 7

Also, gas prices may be low right now, but what about next year, the year after, a few years from now, etc?

Regarding the stock price, it's a little bewildering and a shame if you're looking to sell stock soon, but I found it an awesome buying opportunity. And think I'll go in for thirds this week still!