Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

GME and AMC stock action (out of main)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was wondering if the redditors actions might be considered illegal if they were working together.

Poor Andrew. Who knew people getting together might be more powerful than everyone acting on their own?

C71B1CEE-E226-4D95-960D-3825747E76BE.jpeg

I was wondering if the redditors actions might be considered illegal if they were working together.
Sure, but then you are trying to catch a bunch of degenerates that post nothing useful but memes. Good luck identifying any of them..lol.

Plus calling whatever they do organized is anything but. Sometimes you wonder if people posting there are indeed human.

I don’t understand why it would be illegal. A group of people discussing the merits of a company and stock and deciding to invest in it for profit. Sounds a lot like...hmm...can’t think of it right now. The only real difference is investors here are way more knowledgeable and measured, while there they are definitely way riskier.

I don't know anything about Gamestop as a business, other than that I've noticed they sell a lot of dolls and stuff related to video games? Maybe that's a good business? Maybe they were under valued? But this can't be sustainable right?

I don't know anything about Gamestop as a business, other than that I've noticed they sell a lot of dolls and stuff related to video games? Maybe that's a good business? Maybe they were under valued? But this can't be sustainable right?
If you read on WSB, there are some well-written DD posts hidden amongst the memes. The main argument is they have a new, previously successful, CEO who wants to transition the company from bricks and mortar to online/subscription gaming, which is growing massively.

I mean... i kinda feel like I am missing out... FOMO is real but I don't want to touch that stock with a 10ft pole. View attachment 630550

I'm just going to sit back and eat some popcorn. I don't think GME has the potential to keep it's stock price at current absurd levels, and I don't want to get burned trying to hop into the rocket, or cut catching a falling knife.

• Funny
Reactions: Artful Dodger
I went in with the WSB crowd Friday and today. I was in GME at 96 and did not sell at $150 unfortunately. I'm currently slightly red, but my other WSB idiot trade was BB which went up enough to get me to break even. Any valuation of GME is ridiculous IMO but there is still a lot of short interest and those idiots might be able to pull it higher.

This was great entertainment that wound up costing me almost nothing and risked me 40k. Alas I could have pocketed 40k on top of that but oh well.
That's just the feeble attempts on his part to save face. A few hundred thousand people all saying "yeah buy this and it will go up" is hardly collusion. Wall Street is just pissed that regular idiots can pull the same crap.

This is a very good post detailing what has happened. For someone who has been long TSLA for years all this rings very true with regard to the naked shorting, the market-maker manipulation etc. I don't know anything about the fundamentals of GME so I won't be trading it, but I'm happy to see "crowd sourcing" by long investors to kick the big players sometimes...

https://reddit.com/r/wallstreetbets...ndgame_part_3_a_new_opponent_enters_the_ring/