Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Get Amped Tour: Fremont, 6/23-24

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
At the risk of overkill, I am also adding a test drive video to this thread.
Thanks for the video, Derek. The more the merrier.

I love the sound for for the 0-70 at 4:20ish.

Edit: By my rough eyeballing, it was 4:15 - 4:21. So 6 seconds to 70 (roughly). I get the impression Derek wasn't flooring it either. :)

Edit 2: Just a quick note in case Tesla is listening. The revving up sound is really great like it is -- somewhat muted. If it was artificially amplified, I would probably hate it.

Last edited:
Dolphin grey car was very nice and no problems whatsoever on my drive. Only really noticed TC on the fist tight right to Kato and the 880 onramp passing a car quickly through the curves in the diamond lane, I hit some of the 8" white stripe and could feel the paint slip on the tires slightly + I was > 65 already:scared:

One little thing that I recalled from the test drive event at Fremont: wish I got a pic of it but, noticed the rear indicators when one of the cars was put in Reverse briefly. They are these cool white led lights (maybe similar to the front DRLs)! Very visible even in the bright sun. Just wanted to toss it in before I forget...

Dolphin grey car was very nice and no problems whatsoever on my drive. Only really noticed TC on the fist tight right to Kato and the 880 onramp passing a car quickly through the curves in the diamond lane, I hit some of the 8" white stripe and could feel the paint slip on the tires slightly + I was > 65 already:scared:

Lucky you didn't run into the CHiPs guy who Doug_G and Headmaster Doug saw on the shoulder of that onramp :)

One little thing that I recalled from the test drive event at Fremont: wish I got a pic of it but, noticed the rear indicators when one of the cars was put in Reverse briefly. They are these cool white led lights (maybe similar to the front DRLs)! Very visible even in the bright sun. Just wanted to toss it in before I forget...

Lucky you didn't run into the CHiPs guy who Doug_G and Headmaster Doug saw on the shoulder of that onramp :)

I have a Caltrans Badge, that works right?

I asked a few pages back, but am afraid it's been lost in the multiple posts. I'd like to hear more about the microfiber fabric vs the leather. How do you think it will hold up durability wise compared to the leather? Was it comfortable (8-way vs 12-way seats), was the bolstering the same for the microfiber seats and the leather? How'd the color look.

Likewise, the dash material in the standard vs the leather?

Sorry for not responding earlier but I am still in an RV driving back to Seattle. For sure, the RV feels sluggish after the test drive. :biggrin: I did not ride in the car with fabric but I spent 5 minutes sitting in it while it was charging. I was surprise how nice the fabric seats look. I like leather a lot more but if I was aversed to leather, I will be happy with the fabric. I am not sure about durability since it has been a decade since I had fabric seats. But even leather can crack so I am not sure if there are durability advantages for leather. Notice in these photos that certain areas of the seat are not fabric.

7430568468_473f53c59b.jpg
IMG_2148 by Francis Lau, on Flickr

7430568606_05c15d00b0.jpg
IMG_2147 by Francis Lau, on Flickr

The fabric seats were comfortable. I live in seattle so hot weather is not an issue, but I wonder if fabric or leather is better for hot weather? What about cold weather considering no heated seats? What do you think?

Note that this isn't me -- just finding these on youtube and posting here ...
Thanks for posting my video. Sorry about the shaky cam and the fingers in front of the lens. I was having trouble holding onto my stuff. The back seat is pretty much a flat bench with no bolsters and there's no oh-s**t handle. I think I needed a five point harness in that situation.
Here are some pics I took: Tesla Model S Get Amped Tour - a set on Flickr

Last edited by a moderator:
Haven't had enough test drive videos? Fine, I'll include mine. Driving: me, camera: wife, narration: five-year old son.

Honestly, I don't think it adds all that much new to what has already been posted, so feel free to watch it but if you do, don't come to me asking for those 13 minutes of your life back. :)

Did any of the test drivers notice if the rear-view camera has VR lines to aid in maneuvering when the S is in reverse?

Obviously backing up was not part of the course, but if not could someone booked for the next event check it out?

Just be careful not to perform a reverse white S incident !

Haven't had enough test drive videos? Fine, I'll include mine. Driving: me, camera: wife, narration: five-year old son.
Honestly, I don't think it adds all that much new to what has already been posted, so feel free to watch it but if you do, don't come to me asking for those 13 minutes of your life back. :)

Thanks for sharing your minutes. Your video appears to be the first to capture the satnav audio guidance, and the horn!
I'm impressed by your 5-year-olds car identification skills.
Nice job, Dad!

Like AndyM -- first time I've heard turn by turn nav. I love watching these. Can't get enough! Thanks!

Nice job! Has anyone seen the voice activated controls in action yet?

Surprised you didn't wait a couple weeks for the Seattle event.

I was visiting Cal Poly with my nephew who is starting there in the fall and I wanted to see all 10 colors. Since I have an engineering background, I wanted to see the factory again as well. My kids love seeing it too. Trying to plant the seeds of working on something really cool with the kids. They were inspired.

Thanks for sharing. Loved the turn by turn. First time to hear it.