Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Get Amped Tour: Fremont, 6/23-24

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As I explained to the Tesla employee, the difference between the S and the X is absolutley noticable. The S drive is all from the rear making it feel like a rocket ride. The X was like a flying carpet! So, if you wet your pants with the S just get ready for the X. It will make you cream.

I should have known better than to doubt... Is this the company that under-promises and over-delivers? Check this out...

Not only was the booster seat not a problem, they even offered to watch the baby for us during the ride so my wife could come too! Wow!

Thanks for the confirmation, and the reminder that Tesla is not a typical car company! I shouldn't have doubted either (sorry, TM...).

[video]http://player.vimeo.com/video/44637500[/video]

No extra info about the Model S, but this is GeorgeB telling us about the test drive route

Awesome video! Love the enthusiasm. Thanks for sharing.

One thing I'm glad I did: after the event I backtracked to the route in my regular car and drove the "bumpy road" again. What a difference...

I got a chance to talk with George for about 10 minutes; what a great guy! Anyway, Model S is here and it's all we dreamed it could be and more! He did drop a little teaser on me though... apparently they're doing some new things with the Falcon wing doors of the Model X that are going to blow our minds.

One thing I'm glad I did: after the event I backtracked to the route in my regular car and drove the "bumpy road" again. What a difference...

The first thing my wife and I did after our test drive was to take our ML 430 through the street portion of the test drive. The difference was noticeable.

Hey, is that you, Doug_G? Canadians, anyway... great video!

Yep, that's me driving Elon's black Performance Model S! I had a blast - what a great car!

Now I gotta point out that both the Tesla employee and head TMC moderator doug started screaming as I headed into that big sweeper. What's the matter, never been around a race track before? Truth was, I wasn't pushing the car anywhere near its limit - at most we were at about 6/10ths of the car's capability (that's all I'd do without everyone wearing helmets). I can't wait to try one on a real race track.

Yep, that's me driving Elon's black Performance Model S! I had a blast - what a great car!

Now I gotta point out that both the Tesla employee and head TMC moderator doug started screaming as I headed into that big sweeper. What's the matter, never been around a race track before? Truth was, I wasn't pushing the car anywhere near its limit - at most we were at about 6/10ths of the car's capability (that's all I'd do without everyone wearing helmets). I can't wait to try one on a real race track.
lol, my Tesla employee helper actually cheered a little as I did the S section onto the highway. Something about I was the first person to do it properly or something. I wasn't really tracking because I had to slow down for merging into traffic.

Last edited: