Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Gen3 "BlueStar" 2-door coupe styling ideas

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
sketch_07.jpg

sketch_03.jpg

I'd hug one of those to sleep every night.

Von Holzhausen also admitted that the new model will boast more distinctive styling than the relatively conventional Model S. “We will become more experimental as we develop as a brand,” he said. “Our cars need to have some personality.”

Tesla exceed their aerodynamic goals on the Model S. Franz was not happy (reportedly) that he was constrained by the decisions that favored slipperiness. Perhaps he will flex a bit more design muscle on the Bluegen3star.

Big question for me is, will they get rid of the black oval on the front of the car?

sjoshuaj also did a nice render of a 4-seater here:
http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/show...ng-ideas/page5?p=148203&viewfull=1#post148203

Personally I think if GenIII is a hatchback for the base version (competing with 1 series, A3, Mini Cooper), there's probably two directions for the coupe.

Something like the Scirocco or 3-door 1 series(basically a hatchback like coupe):
scirocco-r-630.jpg

bmw1series2.jpg

Or the something more like the 1-series coupe (sedan-like):
thumb-135i-1.jpg

I don't see something that's too sexy/curvy (that's probably the Model S coupe and Roadster).

Last edited:
The thing is for really good aero you want it to taper in the back, three seats might make that difficult. As for the screen, I think the 17 inch is too much real estate in a smaller vehicle, but it might be cheaper to just use the same unit as the S instead of building another smaller one.

This is what I am secretly hoping for from Tesla (maybe not for Gen III). I want a car that doesn't conform to existing vehicle shapes that have evolved from ICE layout requirements. I want to drive a half a teardrop.

Although I bet those semi-open rear wheels aren't very aero.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is what I am secretly hoping for from Tesla (maybe not for Gen III). I want a car that doesn't conform to existing vehicle shapes that have evolved from ICE layout requirements. I want to drive a half a teardrop.

Although I bet those semi-open rear wheels aren't very aero.

I think the semi-open wheels on the left side of the picture are the FRONT wheels ?!?!?!

The thing is for really good aero you want it to taper in the back, three seats might make that difficult.
I considered doing the tapering, but my MsPaint skills only go so far for quick mockups. If you remove the middle seat, the individually adjustable armrests lend toward the front needing more width than the back. So tapering is natural with 2 seats in the back.