Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Gallons of Light - Tesla Model S Supercharger Commercial

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Excellent, and I do mean excellent.

Three small criticisms.
I agree the finger tapping looks a bit out of place.
The kiss looks too staged ( head bump/ snuggle instead?)
The portrait of the family from behind with the S, while a great shot, also looks a bit contrived relative to the video as a whole.

Once again, GREAT WORK

The only one of these that bothered me was the kiss, but that probably had more to do with not having professional actors than anything :wink:. Still, though, I'd probably have more nitpicks with most professional commercials, and this is 100 times better than any local commercial. The fact that it stacks up with national level commercials is just amazing.

Wonderful, please make more :biggrin:
Ad was made by jbloch

It's my car, me and my family (on a very long weekend)

It's LLoyd's house (on a very early morning)

Narrated by Roadster owner James Arnold Taylor (one of the biggest voice actors of our time) including voice of Obi-Wan Kenobi on Star Wars: The Clone Wars. I bumped into him at Tesla Service and we got to talking. I introduced him to jbloch and the rest is history.

Go to http://www.gallonsoflight.com to read all about it.

Awesome video! Just today got a call from the marketing person at the company that did our PV install, guess they want to drop by when they are in town later this month for photos / interview for their newsletter as they like the EV/PV synergy we have in our house. Not exactly as spectacular of a photo shoot as from your video, have to see if I can meet them at a more photogenic location than our house for taking photos of the MS!

FANTASTIC! My compliments JBloch and Daedalous!!

Now that we have a video that speaks to nearly everyone, how about one that speaks to the Hardcore Gearhead?

I would love a promo video of a few P85s smoking a few well-regarded ICE cars off the line.

Teslas can actually sound really cool IMO, which could be highlighted:

Tesla Model S Performance 12.3 @ 110.8 MPH 1/4 Mile Drag Racing - YouTube

So those sounds, visuals of some ICE's being beaten, mixed with some aggressive yet futuristic music like this:

1998 World Cup Adidas Commercial ft. Del Piero,Zizu,Becham.mpg - YouTube

Except not exactly this (Massive Attack's Angel - way overused, but something similar.)

One can dream...

Now that we have a video that speaks to nearly everyone, how about one that speaks to the Hardcore Gearhead?

I would love a promo video of a few P85s smoking a few well-regarded ICE cars off the line.

Teslas can actually sound really cool IMO, which could be highlighted:

Tesla Model S Performance 12.3 @ 110.8 MPH 1/4 Mile Drag Racing - YouTube

So those sounds, visuals of some ICE's being beaten, mixed with some aggressive yet futuristic music like this:

1998 World Cup Adidas Commercial ft. Del Piero,Zizu,Becham.mpg - YouTube

Thanks to Dadaleus and Lloyd for making this project a reality. Couldn't have done it without you both.

Equinox1981, I'd love to shoot more of the Tesla, and your idea is great. Get some financing and let's do it.

This was a terrific project and fantastic result. As an old Roadsteir owner I salute the dedication to the ideas that have infected us all. Beautiful cars, clean power, kick "big auto" in the butt and change a paradigm!

Well done ....... Should have been on Superbowl .......... Before the 49er fans cut the power :wink:

Awesome!!! Extremely well done!

My wife and I both thought it was the TINIEST bit too... cheesey... Just the kiss, and the whole "all you have to do is accept the gift of light" stuff. Perhaps a tad over the top for those if us that aren't already drunk on the koolaid! :)

that's my only criticism though, otherwise amazing!!

Thanks to Dadaleus and Lloyd for this AWESOME PROFESSIONAL CLIP !!

By the way, Elon Musk seems to like it too ... he re-tweeted Dadeleus Tweet :)

Thanks, but to be clear, it's JBloch's project, and it's his tweet Elon retweeted. I just provided the prop (Model S) and actors. :)

- - - Updated - - -

The kiss looks too staged

Never had so many people critique my technique in kissing my wife, except maybe at our wedding 20 years ago. Remember, we aren't professional actors. You try kissing your wife two dozen times in a row with a camera in your face and someone saying "Okay, now slower. Okay, now make sure the sun is in between you. Okay, now scoot to the right and do it again. Okay now..." It would be a miracle if it looked natural!

Never had so many people critique my technique in kissing my wife, except maybe at our wedding 20 years ago. Remember, we aren't professional actors. You try kissing your wife two dozen times in a row with a camera in your face and someone saying "Okay, now slower. Okay, now make sure the sun is in between you. Okay, now scoot to the right and do it again. Okay now..." It would be a miracle if it looked natural!

Both my wife and I think you did a great job kissing your wife:p