Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Aurora, CO

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Guacahummus

Supporting Member
Jul 11, 2020
Tex 📐
A Denver Tesla Club user posted a screengrab of an initial site plan for a 16-stall Supercharger at the Aurora H-Mart located at 2751 S Parker Rd, Aurora, CO 80014.

https://supercharge.info/map?siteID=7571

https://amandacommerce.auroragov.o...ewPub/MyProjects/Files.aspx?frsn=tz4q+EIZnWQ=

THIS SITE PLAN HAS BEEN AMENDED TO SHOW THE PROPOSED TESLA ELECTRIC VEHICLE CHARGING STATION LOCATION. COMPONENTS OF THIS INSTALLATION INCLUDE: (1) UTILITY TRANSFORMER (1) 2000A, 277/480V MCB SWITCHBOARD (4) TESLA SUPERCHARGER CABINETS (16) TESLA CHARGE POSTS

edit: Adding site plan

1710423876660.png

1710423950673.png

Attachments

• 1707158531091.png
    1707158531091.png
    187.3 KB · Views: 51
  • 1707158601540.png
    1707158601540.png
    489.9 KB · Views: 31
  • 1707158635941.png
    1707158635941.png
    141.1 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
Compared to the King Soopers at Parker Rd & I-225, this location is only about 1 mile away and is better for several reasons:

* When traveling, many people like to charge where there's food. This location has 5 times more restaurants & drink shops within walking distance.
* You are away from the roar of that mega-intersection.
* H Mart is way more interesting than KS. I get a kick every time I'm in there. :cool:
* The last time I was at that KS it was sketchy, but that was a few years ago.

Is Supercharger ICEing a problem these days in Denver? I only use Superchargers when I'm away from Denver because I live in Denver and charge at home. However, I do check out the local Superchargers when they open and when I'm near one, just to see how the charging scene is going. I also point them out to friends thinking about an EV. I haven't seen ICEing so far, but I don't check every day.

Last edited:
I live very close to here. The H-Mart parking lot is usually very busy, but I always see lots of Tesla cars around the lot--they seem to be very popular with the clientele.

I'd prefer that it be on the west side of this at the Kum & Go or in that other string parking lot behind Kum & Go (I'm partial to Old Town Hot Pot lol) but this is a great location either way and it's not a far walk to any of this stuff!

Compared to the King Soopers at Parker Rd & I-225, this location is only about 1 mile away and is better for several reasons:

* ... This location has 5 times more restaurants & drink shops within walking distance.
* The last time I was at that KS it was sketchy, but that was a few years ago.
I happened to be in the neighborhood today and the King Soopers at Parker Rd & I-225 has been spiffed up a lot since I last saw it. The entrance is now on the west side vs the south side. There's a big 5-floor apartment building being built across the street to the southwest, and the whole area has been spiffed up. Still not as many restaurants+drink shops as around H Mart, but that might change with the new apartment building next door.

I happened to be in the neighborhood today and the King Soopers at Parker Rd & I-225 has been spiffed up a lot since I last saw it. The entrance is now on the west side vs the south side. There's a big 5-floor apartment building being built across the street to the southwest, and the whole area has been spiffed up. Still not as many restaurants+drink shops as around H Mart, but that might change with the new apartment building next door.
I actually don't recall what was in the space before Old Town Hot Pot. I moved into the immediate area late 2018. That new King Soopers that you're talking about opened in fall 2019. They tore down the old one shortly after. One of the apartment buildings there is open and another one is getting close; I think they're mostly affordable housing. I understand that there's also supposed to be a second building in the space that is still empty where the old King Soopers building was that possibly includes office spaces but I'm not sure if that's going through or not. They've added a few things around there but I think I still prefer the permitted location by H Mart.

• Informative
Reactions: electrons4u
I actually don't recall what was in the space before Old Town Hot Pot. I moved into the immediate area late 2018....
I checked Google Maps street view, and I lucked out! The time machine shows it was Mr. Panda as of June 2019, but by the next capture in Nov 2022 it was Old Town Hot Pot. I moved away from that neighborhood in 2007 but I still visit for some of the Indian Markets in the area. It's nice to see areas getting spiffed up versus being allowed to decay.