Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Gilbert, AZ - N Gilbert Rd (permit applied 17 Jan 24, 16 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Guacahummus

Supporting Member
Jul 11, 2020
Tex 📐
supercharge.info forum user posted about Marco posting a permit screengrab on FB located at 855 N Gilbert Rd, Gilbert, AZ, 85234.

https://supercharge.info/map?siteID=7475

Supercharger - Gilbert Crossing

https://ossgilbertaz-gilbertgov.msa...e/#/plan/408173a1-391d-4a71-8db4-bc237c117f53

Description: (DR99-43-B) TRT ID: 413878. Electric Vehicle charging station: INSTALL (1) UTILITY TRANSFORMER FOUNDATION, INSTALL (1) 2000A, 277/480V MCB SWITCHBOARD, INSTALL (4) TESLA SUPERCHARGER CABINETS INSTALL (16) TESLA CHARGE POSTS

Attachments

• 1706131640030.png
    1706131640030.png
    440.7 KB · Views: 93
Reactions: Cyberjr
Ugh. Yet another supercharger right by all of the other superchargers. :( (That will be 5 within about a 3 mile radius.)
Tesla has to be doing this just to mock the far SE valley! :) Can we FINALLY get something south of the 202? (Yeah, I know, the Queen Creek Olive Mill will eventually get one; I guess I can stop complaining once that one actually breaks ground.) :)

Reactions: Cyberjr and Tyl
Wow, another one! Popping up like weeds in the spring. Or more positively, like Wildflowers in March.
It'll be interesting to see how many they can have under construction at the same time.

Does anyone know the source of these locations? Is it from property owners requesting a SC. Does tesla get federal money to help pay fore these?
Nine permits now.
1706201667816.png

Wow, another one! Popping up like weeds in the spring. Or more positively, like Wildflowers in March.
It'll be interesting to see how many they can have under construction at the same time.

Does anyone know the source of these locations? Is it from property owners requesting a SC. Does tesla get federal money to help pay fore these?
Nine permits now.
View attachment 1012132
I do know Tesla has been given 7.5 billion to provide 500,000 super chargers and some how they are installing them for half of the cost of their competitors.

I do know Tesla has been given 7.5 billion to provide 500,000 super chargers and some how they are installing them for half of the cost of their competitors.
At most half the cost - some bids are multiples higher than Tesla. After you've installed 6,000 locations, you have had the experience to get good at it and streamline everything. I helps that a lot of it is in house too. But even before this federal tax incentive came along, Tesla was building them fast!

Nine permits now.
11 permits now in Phoenix area, plus 1 in Tucson! Just crazy…
Compare that to MN and WI with just 1 permit for 2 entire states! :(

Globe AZ. Safford AZ. Springerville AZ. Kayenta AZ. Opening the back/side doors - heck, all the doors to Phoenix metro would be nice.

Supercharging for long distance travel/splitting all of the gaps that we have nation wide as originally intended.

I wish splitting these gaps to be a Tesla priority as well as metro area deployments of superchargers. Very rural areas do not need many stalls initially, just room to grow as warranted.

I’m sure it’s challenging determining what goes where when, especially now that supercharging is a revenue source.
I’m delighted they’re splitting the Willcox AZ - Deming NM gap, it can’t come soon enough. I’ll get some picture when I pass through!