Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Seems like some AI response, it posts no examples of parking lots that disallow backing in for perpendicular spaces. I personally have only seen that for angled spaces, but it is because it makes zero sense to back in for an angled space.
IMG_5591.jpeg

Looks like people should be able to manually check for updates using the in-vehicle Software screen to get 2024.3.25 / 12.3.6 now including USS-less or legacy S/X. Presumably these vehicles previously excluded from the rollout have release notes only mentioning 12.3.6 without Autopark or Park Assist updates if someone can confirm? Unless there's a nice surprise for legacy also getting the new Autopark?

I feel like they’re toying slightly with the weights and biases but the model is the same or it’s one giant placebo and they changed nothing.

Maybe 12 is e2e (obv)

.3 is the actual model?

.6 are the tuning changes for weight and bias?

Huh... A double header today. This is the first time I've received 2 updates in 1 day...
View attachment 1043271
2 in one day? wow. Im guessing this cant be that common.
In GA we don't have an fugly front license plate so there are lots of lots that prohibit or discourage back in parking. FL also doesn't have a front plate.

View attachment 1043272
At my work we had a few spots compact spots that say no backing in. The funny thing with those spots, because a 1973 C10 has huge overhang behind the rear wheels. Parking forward mean the bed sticks out quite far into the lanes but backing in, the front does not stick out at all. I used to park my truck there all the time because like a cat, if it fits, i parks.

• Informative
Reactions: rlsd
But what happens next? If we are on 2024.3.25, trial is ending today and I don't want FSD will I be stuck on 3.X for the foreseeable future and not get to go to 14.X? I still haven't seen any confirmation or denial that 14.3 has FSD V12 in it. If it still has V11 then I feel it could be awhile for us on 3.X to get the new Spring features.

But what happens next? If we are on 2024.3.25, trial is ending today and I don't want FSD will I be stuck on 3.X for the foreseeable future and not get to go to 14.X? I still haven't seen any confirmation or denial that 14.3 has FSD V12 in it. If it still has V11 then I feel it could be awhile for us on 3.X to get the new Spring features.
FSD is embedded in the firmware upgrades, not the other way around. Your car will get the firmware upgrade. It's up to the owner to enable the embedded FSD.

Day 2 of FSD v12.3.6 on my ~13 mile route:

1714525681115.png

Highlights:
  • Only one intervention:
    • Pressing the accelerator when a stop turned green while turning left, with the lead vehicle in the opposite direction turning left as well. (Not a turn lane.)
  • Very few lane changes, really only when necessary.
    • I did not enable MLC.
  • Speed control continued to be very good.
    • Not always going to my set speed, but no point of speeding up just to slow down when you will just come up to slower, or stopped, traffic.
  • I only experienced the FSD Wiggle on 1 out of 4 lane changes.
    • So it isn't 100% fixed, but much better.
  • Turns signals don't appear to come on as earlier as they did in 12.3.3.
    • Still too early in some cases in my opinion, but much better.
  • It appears that the braking and acceleration changes I noted yesterday were actually because of mainly following people instead of being a lead vehicle.
    • Today I was a lead vehicle most of the time, and the braking was better and the acceleration from stops worse.
    • It appears that FSD emulates the lead vehicle too much, instead of smoothing things out.
  • Wipers were much better:
    • Seemed to react to changes much quicker. (Slowing to intermittent at stops, changing speeds when driving based on how heavy the waves of rain were.)
    • However, after it cleared and wipers were no longer needed there were some dry wipes.
  • It turned into my driveway at the end today, which it didn't do yesterday.
    • I'm curious why it isn't consistent about this.