Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just had a really odd experience. Applying torque to the wheel did not address the nag.

I’ve been using Tesla’s “torque to address nag” system for 10 years so it is not new to me. Just now on FSD applying torque and holding didn’t address the nag. When it continued to flash at me, I was worried about a strike so had to disengage.

Odd. Don’t think I’ve ever seen that before. I think the sentient being is getting close to taking over my car forever.
Oh yea that's a real thing. If the internal DM cam thinks you're distracted then torque won't dismiss the nag.

• Informative
Reactions: lzolman
Just had a really odd experience. Applying torque to the wheel did not address the nag.

I’ve been using Tesla’s “torque to address nag” system for 10 years so it is not new to me. Just now on FSD applying torque and holding didn’t address the nag. When it continued to flash at me, I was worried about a strike so had to disengage.

Odd. Don’t think I’ve ever seen that before. I think the sentient being is getting close to taking over my car forever.
They are being real strict with detection and nags
I hang my wrist through the left hole
Temp pull my arm out for turns
No nags

Reactions: FSDtester#1
To be clear, that's rolling a right - at a red light. It was apparently not unsafe, but it was clearly illegal. We've seen that sort of thing before, and I attribute it to either confusion about whether the light applied to the turn, or Tesla didn't filter out all the examples of people rolling rights. I noticed that there was a marked "island" on the asphalt. I wonder if that confused FSD.

Model 3 Long Range with HW3 and ultrasonic sensors here. I got 12.3 in the first wave, but have so far been passed over for the latest stuff. I find it bizarre that I would have to wait for new software because I have hardware that they don't need to use. Just give me the software and ignore the USS. Who cares?
It's possible that Tesla is prioritizing the new autopark for those non-USS cars that have been waiting to get ANY form of autopark.

I have a school zone in which it dutifully slows down every time, ignoring all the annoyed drivers behind it wanting to go 45-50 MPH. Also ignoring the fact that no children are present.

In general, no - FSD doesn’t recognize school zones. It’s been discussed here several times and a big part of the problem is there is no standard signage and it’s often uncler.

View attachment 1033637
Same for this:
1000000862.jpg

Reactions: sleepydoc
12.3 did something weird:
- on a two lane highway
- in right lane
- need to make left at upcoming light
- car waits a bit late to switch lanes
- car moves from right lane, across left lane, into left turn only lane with no blinker at all

Strange, blinkers have been 95% spot on w/ V12.

And then it just doesn't blink at all at this seemingly normal intersection.

Reactions: FSDtester#1
You calling it running a red light, I call it rolling a red light lol.
- on a two lane highway
- in right lane
- car moves from right lane, across left lane, into left turn only lane with no blinker at all

Trained off of actual drivers in CA & TX!

- on a two lane highway
- in right lane

I had it cut someone off without a turn signal after they coal rolled someone else. Extra head-pats for the car on that one.

I last tried FSD in the September/October/November timeframe last year (2023), when I had it on free trial after my August purchase. Wasn’t impressed. It did a lot of dumb things and I was more nervous with it driving.

Got in my car today, saw the free trial of the new v12 version…decided to give it a shot and let it drive to the grocery, which involved a 3 mile trip on suburban streets plus a very short (single exit) highway jaunt.

Still not impressed. It still does lots of stupid stuff that make other drivers think I’m high or drunk. It cannot handle roundabouts (I live in the roundabout capital of the US, north side of Indianapolis), it totally missed getting in the correct turn lane to get on the highway, it missed getting in the correct turn lane getting off the highway (it stayed in the center lane, which was a right-only, and I needed to turn left). On the way back, when exiting the highway, the simple lane change over into the exit lane was unnecessarily jerky — it overshot and bounced off the right shoulder line before settling in the center of the lane. Then it crept up to a roundabout like a scared 15 year old behind the wheel for the first time. People around me were getting annoyed.

I can’t believe people pay for this. I’m glad Tesla’s working on it, but this is one of those things that has to work way more consistently than it currently does for me to want to use it.

Is it possible you were looking at the screen when you applied torque?

If the car tells you to pay attention to the road you must both apply torque AND look at the road.

Reactions: old pilot