Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In the first one, that's a rather slow move by the truck and seems like an overreaction on the part of ego. Seems like almost all human drivers (as long as they're paying some attention) would be able to respond to that slow of a lane change without the sudden jerk.
We all respond from the perspective of watching a video knowing something is about to occur.

If that sort of thing happened after an hour of mundane driving on the highway, or while talking to a passenger, or while sleepy, or while quickly checking your phone to see if your mistress finally Snapchatted that nude to you, etc. it wouldn’t be as clear-cut.

I honestly wish I had 11.4.9 instead of 12.3. It's starting to actively piss me off due to how often I need to push down on the accelerator (few to several times a minute).
I think Elon jumped the gun a bit with the free FSD trial. He should have waited until the speed issues were mostly fixed first, which I don’t think is too far off. The conversion rate would probably be significantly higher.

Having said that, there is a portion of the population who disliked FSD due to phantom braking, unnecessary braking, jerky steering, and indecisiveness which is vastly improved in v12 so there is that…

I think Elon jumped the gun a bit with the free FSD trial. He should have waited until the speed issues were mostly fixed first, which I don’t think is too far off. The conversion rate would probably be significantly higher.

Having said that, there is a portion of the population who disliked FSD due to phantom braking, unnecessary braking, jerky steering, and indecisiveness which is vastly improved in v12 so there is that…
Braking is better but still brakes too hard imo, mine waited too long to stop at a red light yesterday and waited way too long to brake, it should have gradually started slowing down 3 seconds sooner

The regen braking alone is enough to slow it down most of the time but it still uses the actual brakes when it’s not necessary

I’m not 100% sure FSD 12 is doing this but it feels like it is

When I’m on a 2 lane road with oncoming traffic I feel like the car moves closer to the side of the road whenever I’m about to meet a car in the opposite lane, then after the car has gone by it moves back closer to the center

This is much better than FSD 11 always staying close to the center no matter what was coming at you
Yes it absolutely does this. 11.4.9 did it too.

Even AP1, which I have about 150,000 miles of engaged experience on, would do it.

I think that was more like a playback of a Psychiatry session. Combining ancestor resentment with Cybertruck envy and get-rich-quick daydreaming.

Maybe when @TK211X finally gets his update, there needs to be a series of on-screen ink blots so that Grok can decide if it's safe to turn over control. Sort of a Freudian breathalyzer routine.
Poor @TK211X because of their unbounded optimism on get the lates updates has been moved behind even me on getting them. So that may be awhile.🤣

• Funny
Reactions: FSDtester#1
(Words in brackets added by me.)

Sure, if you add words to the end of my argument that makes it incorrect, it will be incorrect. Here's my own words:

Driving on FSD Beta, on the roads that FSD Beta is typically driven on, with the disengagements that drivers have been making, is safer than driving a Tesla without active safety features, on the roads those Teslas are typically driven, with the driver attributes of those without them.

This is comparing Tesla to Tesla, so the demographics of Tesla drivers vs the general population is inconsequential.

And the above might seem like a meaningless statement, because it doesn't tell us that FSD Beta is safer all else equal. But it absolutely refuses the idea that FSD Beta is unsafe. The people that claim that FSD Beta is a dangerous experiment and Elon is unleashing a hoard of untrained drivers with unsafe software to mow down your children are proven wrong with the data.

Is the steering wheel nag something Tesla has implemented by choice or is it forced by the government?

What needs to be done for the steering wheel nag to be replaced by cabin camera nag?
Both.

Tesla uses a standard vision camera. New Tesla's do have IR transmitters to illuminate the eyes.

Other manufactures uses detected IR transmitters and IR camera receivers to watch the eyes. Tesla is trying to "make up" for the lack of detected hardware with AI. I guess it is "Deep Eyes" and working about as well as "Deep Rain".

I feel like since I’ve had FSD from the beginning, heck I had AP1 also, that I’m safer because I’m not complacent. I’m constantly expecting it to run me off the road so I’m extra vigilant. Even now with almost all drives having No disengagements I’m paying more attention than I would if I was driving, since I trust myself more. If nothing else, FSD keeps me in laser focus mode the whole time. If v12 was my first experience with FSD I could see being a little lax since it does so well. Maybe new subscribers or purchasers should have to start with an earlier version instead of 12, then after a few drives with each version, and a few underwear changing moments, graduate to 12.

Both.

Tesla uses a standard vision camera. New Tesla's do have IR transmitters to illuminate the eyes.

Other manufactures uses detected IR transmitters and IR camera receivers to watch the eyes. Tesla is trying to "make up" for the lack of detected hardware with AI. I guess it is "Deep Eyes" and working about as well as "Deep Rain".
Side note:
Cameras see IR by default, manufacturers normally add filters to block it to match human vision.
Day color/night B/W security cameras with IR illumination have a moving filter to switch modes. If it gets stuck in disabled, the color images are quite interesting.

Top 6 feature improvements I'd like to see (in no order).
I'm not including issues where Tesla is continually working on improvements (speeds/lane changes). Excluding any related highway features since still on V11.
  1. Stop for School Bus with Flashing Lights
  2. Slow for School Zones
  3. Emergency vehicles (pull over)
  4. Pothole/large puddle Avoidance
  5. Hand Gestures- Police/Road Crews
  6. Road Closure reroute.

Reactions: FSDtester#1