Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This behavior still indicates to me that cameras at the front corners of the car are still needed.
I disagree. The car can see everything it needs to. The problem is how it reacts to it. One of V12's weaknesses is high speed cross traffic. I've seen it in YouTube videos and I've seen it in person. I hope this is one of the things that the team is changing for this coming point release. They just don't have enough training for scenarios involving large speed differentials.

No more complaints about handling roundabouts. V12 has taken care of that. Gone thru this roundabout twice from different directions. Nailed it both times. Granted there are lights controlling much of the flow but being in the right lane has been a nightmare. Another large roundabout where FSD would always stop works great too. Cruising thru now between 15-20mph.

Walmart · 66 Parkhurst Rd, Chelmsford, MA 01824

V12 does great in towns and cities but not country roads? Is that the general impression?
No it's broken everywhere.

Specifically, the speed control is broken. If you're traveling on very low speed busy city street you won't notice that, since even on a 25mph street people often drive 15mph (which is what FSD does now).

But that doesn't mean it does great in cities. It'll drive too slowly, just like it does everywhere. As you can see there are reports of nonsense in that regard in the city as well.

Speed control is broken, and stopping is broken. Just completely and totally broken. (Speed control is more broken than stopping though - sometimes the car can stop.)

There are extravagant claims that it will all be fixed soon. We'll see. Hopefully it just fixes right up - that would be a huge positive.

Good that they're going to try to fix it anyway, and that they recognize it's an issue. These problems are easily worked around for now, but detract from the overall great v12 experience of course. In v11.4.9 you usually did not have to worry about your speed.

My prediction is that these problems will remain, even after they are “fixed” in the next version. This is the way!

Reactions: edseloh
Kid rocks. So you two check together? that was driving me crazy too saying it's up to date.
It should at least ack that it's not up to date!
Also you turned out to be Tesla guy from Ford guy ? :D
Yeah it boils my blood when it says "Your car software is up to date as of..." when we all know that's uhhhhh BS heh.

Yep, I used to be all in on Ford stuff, but caught wind of Tesla and have never even considered going back. Got a Model X on order right now actually 🤣

Yeah it boils my blood when it says "Your car software is up to date as of..." when we all know that's uhhhhh BS heh.

Yep, I used to be all in on Ford stuff, but caught wind of Tesla and have never even considered going back. Got a Model X on order right now actually 🤣
It's as likely as not that we could get a wave in the next 1-2 hours. I'm just not optimistic because the current pending is over 100 and previous waves only happened when is was like sub 60?

I was wholeheartedly expecting one last night but maybe they killed it pending 12.3.1....

My first time experiencing Tesla updates, imo they take too long they could speed them up a little bit and still be safe, once a new update is out everyone should have it within 2 weeks
Yea, especially if you’ve deliberately sent it to NEW YORK. No excuse not to just send it to people explicitly giving you coin for it.

At one point it's no longer about safety or due diligence but someone is getting a chub from it.

IMG_1129.jpeg

Last edited:
I've mentioned how pressing briefly on the accelerator can cause the car to later go around a curve too fast. I've also seen that doing this can cause the car to get too close to a car in front of you (tailgating). I didn't have to disengage, but it was too close for comfort.
Yes, this bug overall reduces safety. Not great to be pushing the accelerator all the time when the vehicle is supposed to be taking care of that.

Beeping FCW will occur when appropriate but still it seems hazardous.

I found today that on a turn giving it a lot of acceleration it doesn’t do much of the wide turning and flailing around like it used to do. Will have to try with even more accelerator just to see.

Last edited:
My first time experiencing Tesla updates, imo they take too long they could speed them up a little bit and still be safe, once a new update is out everyone should have it within 2 weeks
Every major update goes through this. Sometimes rollouts go part way then stop. Then pick back up or wait for a bugfix version. It can be very frustrating, but a month or two from now, you'll be griping about being stuck on this old 12.3.x version waiting on 12.4.

But, every now and then, you win the rollout lottery and get in the early push...

It's as likely as not that we could get a wave in the next 1-2 hours. I'm just not optimistic because the current pending is over 100 and previous waves only happened when is was like sub 60?

I was wholeheartedly expecting one last night but maybe they killed it pending 12.3.1....
I stayed up till 2am based on your LIES! 🤣

No it's broken everywhere.

Specifically, the speed control is broken. If you're traveling on very low speed busy city street you won't notice that, since even on a 25mph street people often drive 15mph (which is what FSD does now).

But that doesn't mean it does great in cities. It'll drive too slowly, just like it does everywhere. As you can see there are reports of nonsense in that regard in the city as well.

Speed control is broken, and stopping is broken. Just completely and totally broken. (Speed control is more broken than stopping though - sometimes the car can stop.)

There are extravagant claims that it will all be fixed soon. We'll see. Hopefully it just fixes right up - that would be a huge positive.

Good that they're going to try to fix it anyway, and that they recognize it's an issue. These problems are easily worked around for now, but detract from the overall great v12 experience of course. In v11.4.9 you usually did not have to worry about your speed.

My prediction is that these problems will remain, even after they are “fixed” in the next version. This is the way!
Are you seeing that behavior when there's traffic flow? So far v12.3 has kept up with traffic for me. If the cars around me, including the lead car, are driving over the speed limit, my car drives over the speed limit. Where I see it driving at, or just below, the speed limit is when I'm alone, with little to no traffic around me. Is that not your behavior as well?

Came here to ask if my FSD 12.3 was buggy due to going way too slow despite upping the Max Speed higher to try to encourage the car travel with the flow of traffic, but I guess it’s not just me and a common issue. Chiming in in the hopes that one extra post will help Tesla expedite a fix/update.

I constantly need to be pressing or riding the accelerator now.

It also will brake going downhill with no traffic in front of me, despite already going 10-20 mph slower than the max speed set. What the hell? 👎

It also got stuck trying to decide between two lanes to travel in while slowing down at a red light, with the steering wheel jerking back and forth violently until I disengaged. Twice. i’ve only had FSD 12.3 for a day.

On the plus side, it’s smoother going through turns even if it rides the lane dividers sometimes now.

-Paul

I'm curious if this is on the v12 stack or v11. Set your speed to "Auto", then watch the speed limit on screen. If it says "Auto - MAX", you're on the v12 stack. If it shows a speed limit number there, you're on the v11 stack.
Verified:

1. City Street stack when entering ramp. Freeway stack takes over when car is already on the straight lane of freeway.

2. Freeway stack when car completely exits (no way to go back to back to freeway). City stack takes over at that point.

All my issues with early/late exit belong to freeway stack.

3. Freeway interchange belongs to freeway stack.

Notes: v12 freeway stack is not exactly v11 freeway stack. There is some changes in it. Otherwise I would have not had the reported issues.

By the way, I am comfortable with auto speed setting.